Went to the Museo de la Antioquia to see the latest exhibitions, to the market that only happens on the first Saturday of the month, and also to the Van Gogh experience, which I really loved – surprisingly, given there were no originals. It was video set to music with quotes from the artist. I watched it through twice from different parts of the space. And the botanical gardens! I am so in love with this city.
Had an emoji-themed birthday party for one of the engineers, very proud of myself for negotiating getting the decorations done for me in Spanish. Took a climbing lesson in Spanish with another one – exhausting physically and mentally. Really happy to share the city I live in with people visiting, including going to the Botero Plaza and playing Tejo.
Offsite – super exhausting but super rewarding. Been so great to spend time with my team. Went to the first Medellin Android meetup, which was super fun!
Haven’t got to email in months, so slowly trying to work through it.
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On the Internet
- Owl don’t be angry I exist only to please you
@ShowAndHide: Sunday Dangeroussssssss
@ashedryden: I’m sick and I need your help http://www.ashedryden.com/what-ive-been-trying-to-say-is-im-sick …
@ShowAndHide: I think its time the Picadilly Line became the grey line!
- This article is incredible – must read – My Husband’s Unconscious Racism Nearly Destroyed Our Marriage – https://t.co/ZMLLkfgJcs
@ShowAndHide: Mapping Mat in Pink!
- Well now I have something new to worry about. Are your friends really your friends? http://buff.ly/1TKCFha /by
- Right on
@gr2m – “Code is not the challenge of our Open Source communities. People are.” http://buff.ly/1U1XHoQ
- This is such a needed project, I’m excited to see the impact. Announcing Good for PoC – http://buff.ly/1U1ZdaL /by
- Yikes. The Communal Narcissist: Another Wolf Wearing a Sheep Outfit http://buff.ly/1U3lapX /via
- Right on – 6 Signs That Your Company’s “Diversity” Initiatives Are Just Covering Up A Hostile Work Environment http://buff.ly/1U3mZmC
- lolsob – dating in SF – http://buff.ly/1WsArqw /by
- This is… incredible and insightful and terrifying – on what being constantly negated does to you –http://buff.ly/1XXuhy0 /via
- This piece by
@makinde is… I have no words. Thanks for writing it. Racial Fault Lines in Silicon Valley. http://buff.ly/1OXseb9 /via @ekp
- Urgh, on arguments against anti-harassment policies (and btw yes, someone should send Dawkins a memo) http://buff.ly/1U3wcLT
- This woman is a fucking hero and I hope she lives a full and amazing life. Her statement. https://t.co/gR3LozBATL
- Remote Year sounds like a badly run shitshow. https://t.co/EvBAs1Gw13
- Good and depressing overview of human’s most extreme biases – http://buff.ly/1TMHZk8 /by
@ShowAndHide: Almost missed my flight! Showing the light 🙂
@ShowAndHide: Duty Free Blues in Cologne 🙂
- Such a great interview with
@lhawthorn and @kattekrab on OSS communities – I am your user. Why do you hate me?
- This is great – Eyes Wide Widened: My ‘Evolving View’ of Developers on Support – http://buff.ly/1X4lRGf /by