Goals for this week:
- Read 8 papers
- Create diagram in Visio see it here
- Turn plan into slides for presentation put them up on this post
- Get started with CA Assignment 2 Would have liked to get more done, but have answer for one question – 2 to go!
- Deal with final issues from marking fiasco
- Read 2 chapters of CA book
- Set up new laptop and get important stuff syncing Nearly there, iDrive is in use, SVN set up, just need to work out how to access it.
- Code more on my viz stuff – nothing coded but had important epiphany. Really need to get more done on this, this week.
- Write more on thesis
- More on website
- Move to Google Calendar
- Clear up apartment
- Finish reading Tribes (Amazon)
- Saw a lot of friends I hadn’t seen in a while
- Met some new people!
- Watched The Best Man (IMDb) – I rarely seem to find time to watch movies any more, I found this one pretty funny though. Only thing was, the main character had an Irish accent, and his best friend from childhood had a lousy American-doing-British-accent. Then the guy who lived in New York had a posh British accent and the women who he was marrying (who lived in London) had an American accent. So, that kinda distracted me!
- Picked up some iKlean at the apple store.
- Got my project proposal back with some helpful suggestions and positive comments.
For this week:
- Finish CA Assignment 2
- Read 5 papers
- Code more on Viz
- Write more on Thesis
- Get SVN working fully
- More on website.
- Clear giant e-mail mountain.
- Start tracking morning mood and exercise on Mycrocosm
- Go to my first hockey game!
- CA Assignment 2
- CA Assignment 3
- CA Project
- Finish website
- Integrate pile of papers into thesis.
- Read Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking (Amazon).
I’ve noticed that I tend to create my “Week in Brief” early in the week and keep track of what I want to achieve – I’m finding it helpful for my high-level goals, whereas I find my ToDo list more helpful for low level goals. So – I’ve decided to make my progress more public as well and created a new page on my blog called Goals which contains my list for the week and the month and I can cross things off as I go along. I’m hoping that by adding what I want to achieve this month I can stop putting the same tasks on my list each week and then pushing them back when more pressing things occur.