Saw my beloved Petunia, which was wonderful. Hung out with friends. Managed to buy socks.
Busy, so so busy. Because I’m on PST, I’ve been starting work at 7am every morning to make my morning meetings which has been a bit brutal. It’s pretty amazing to me that I can be working this much, this busy, this exhausted and still be generally happy because I love my job and adore my team.
I have more thoughts about being a manager, and I’m kinda excited to get back to blogging in April and start sharing them. Also doing some thinking about the two talks I have coming up in May.
Spent most of the weekend at the Women Who Code event here in Seattle. Got to hang out with friends and meet a bunch of Technically Speaking readers – awesome!
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On The Internet
- Super proud because my
@lessthanorequal podcast is now most downloaded ever! Thanks @Aleen! Have you listened yet? http://buff.ly/22a4Ihd
- “odds were stacked against you from the moment you were born but you still made it… you have incredible strength.” http://buff.ly/21lX3Xg
- Petunia goes to Medellin
- I put off reading this because $reasons, but the concept of “psychological safety” for strong teams is interesting – http://bit.ly/1RGNc9v
- So true, and love the concept of “idea debt”. “Want to get things done? Stop thinking, start doing.” http://buff.ly/1V4odlO
- Been thinking a lot about emotional exhaustion lately so this was interesting – http://buff.ly/1RI0keo
- Me and my little tuna
- Poor sleepy baby
- On the mixed ethics and effects of tourism in North Korea – http://buff.ly/1V4vkuC /via
- Musing on the nature of work and why we do so much of it – http://buff.ly/1RfVJpu /via
- So true, on modern dating – Why You Cannot Find “The One” – http://buff.ly/1Rg4Pm6 /via
- This fills me with joy.
- Also imo a pretty accurate and damning assessment of my homeland.
@AnnaPawlicka: Remember to leave positive feedback and say thanks too.
- Yes please. https://www.instagram.com/p/BCqcqE7Fjwa/?hl=en …
- hello owl, i love you hola búho, te amo
- I love this (short! 4m) video from
@kartarr about learning to code! Featuring @gayle – http://buff.ly/1UrgWxc
@Lahlahlindsey: A note on targeted harassment, because oh my god I can’t believe stuff like this needs to be said:
- awwwh such a snuggly little kitten with bonus half naked dude – http://buff.ly/1WyGJ4j
- “Human interaction is a matter of yelling between mountaintops…, in different languages, with socks over our heads.” http://buff.ly/1Rsn3RG
- I laughed. I cried. Brilliant and damning,
@iwasleeg – “In which I interview so you don’t have to” – http://buff.ly/1nYFJe3