Happy Birthday to me. Catching up with friends in NYC, which was amazing – as always. Actually did some shopping.
Catching up with people at the NYC office. Worthwhile trip, I need to come back more often.
Announced our sustaining sponsors for Technically Speaking – Glowforge and TravisCI! Super, super happy about this.
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
Sent a Where the Hell is Cate letter from EWR.
On The Internet
- This post by
@b0rk made me think a lot about side projects I don’t talk about at work – http://buff.ly/1X1D6q0
- I adore this. Cleveland’s Smallest Art Gallery is Located Inside an Old Phone Booth – http://buff.ly/1SXD24D /via
@micheleaiello: Created using Show and Hide #showandhide http://showandhide.com
@ShowAndHide: Running to Lisbon, Snapping hidden walls on my way…
@ShowAndHide: “We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops.” Henry Youngman https://t.co/H3qqy5g0J3
- This is so fascinating, on the history and state of content moderation – The secret rules of the internet – https://t.co/WS4MaIAlcl
- I suspect selfishness is necessary for creativity – question of being less of a parent to be more creative – https://t.co/h9g05suOxN
@ShowAndHide: Night time works of highlighted pale yellows… only in Lisboa. @hedgehogdays:
@triketora: with each adjective lost from the set (young, white, male, childless) proximity to the top diminishes https://metrocat.org/2016/04/thinking-about-ull …
@ShowAndHide: “I sound my barbaric yawp over the rooftops of the world.” John Keating https://t.co/k8ynWP0FTG
- So helpful from
@skamille – “Ask the CTO: Getting Information without interruptions” – http://buff.ly/1TBLw4s
- Love this by
@r343l on the mundanity of most software eng, and building science fiction – “Dreaming the Same Dream” http://buff.ly/1YXKIs3
@ShowAndHide: Another delicious night walk through the streets of Lisbon!
- Love this by
@zmagg – strategies i’ve used to leave projects without quitting https://t.co/vOVgpGyLt1
@skamille is so wise – Ask the CTO: New manager has a fear of losing a technical edge https://t.co/BAls3bg6cG
@ShowAndHide: Experimenting with 4 background colours… showing my reds 🙂
@ShowAndHide: Judging my next book by its colours 🙂
- This is beautiful. After Being Diagnosed With Cancer, This Woman Traveled To The 7 Wonders Of The World in 13 Days http://buff.ly/1WASeKG
- Can most politely describe this as “delusional”: completely overlooks the promotion gap whilst claiming to solve it. https://t.co/1GLXK8KQZz
- This question makes me ragey too – thanks
@ellenchisa – “So, do you want to be Marissa Mayer or Sheryl Sandberg? https://t.co/P1MDkOwiHp
@ShowAndHide: Hiding my Porto, showing my view… Lisbon by night!
- An owl and a kitty look into each other’s eyes and share A Moment. https://twitter.com/hukuloucoffee/status/728462521124814848
@ShowAndHide: “Good painting is like good cooking; it can be tasted, but not explained.” Maurice de Vlaminck https://t.co/qaxJAA8cQK
@JRhodesPianist: When they weigh baby koalas they sometimes do it with a toy to stop separation anxiety from its mum. You’re welcome.
- Me too. https://twitter.com/ThisIsPumpkin/status/728562387759017984
@ShowAndHide: Eye spy, something beginning with a Y…
- lolsob – Committee – http://buff.ly/1TuRTnQ /via
@ShowAndHide: I think I might need to hide my next set of gloves…
@ShowAndHide: [pic] Showing the blues and greens of this beautiful yellow city!
@ShowAndHide: [pic] Just had dinner at this quirky place! Showing the blues and hiding the yellows!