In Amsterdam with friends, which was great. On social media lockdown because of nonsense, which wasn’t.
My friend Beryl passed away recently. She deserves a lot of credit for starting conversation about unconscious bias (a talk she gave). She also had many technical achievements and an international career. Most of all she was a lovely person and I will miss her.
iTunes Connect continues to be the bane of my existence. Working on the Technically Speaking anniversary.
Watching The Mindy Project. Still reading The Truth About Burnout. Read The Reinvention of Mimi Finnegan (meh) and now reading Everybody Rise which I’m also not particularly enjoying. Once I finish that though it will be No Novel November.
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On The Internet
- I finally understand why people have kitchens.
- SO TRUE “There are some people who lack social ties precisely because they have abused the goodwill of others…” http://buff.ly/1kDW2fd
- “We shouldn’t be telling women how to fix themselves, when it’s society that needs the fixing.” http://buff.ly/1LP3k6s /by
- Fascinating – One Weird Trick for Faster Android Multithreading – http://buff.ly/1kF4kDr /by
- Must read – Why I’m Absolutely an Angry Black Woman – http://buff.ly/1PLtywN /via
@Mynguss /by @cruellaDchill
@ThisIsPumpkin: Ready. Set. Go!
- I’m hopeful this series will help me become a lesbian. Or at least stop dating programmers… (dating coach!) – http://buff.ly/1O30UXP
- YES “just because the question can be answered doesn’t mean that I ought to answer it, or that it ought to be asked” http://buff.ly/1kF6CTg
- So many raccoons! http://i.giphy.com/nNPCSDcNFuxmE.gif …
- This. Felt weird about being atheist since discovered threw out books, kept misogyny http://buff.ly/1OPh474 /v
@KuraFire /by @IjeomaOluo.
- This is great, on designing for the watch experience – http://buff.ly/1kFPvR9 /via
- Why All Colleges Need Safe Spaces and Why Richard Dawkins is a Monster Coated in Garbage Sauce http://buff.ly/1kFRd4S /via
- Nothing sexier than a man who will call out misogyny – Daniel Craig Tells Us What He Really Thinks of Bond – http://buff.ly/1kFS0CZ
- There’s power in seeing someone like you in a space you previously could never envision yourself in. http://buff.ly/1Kz6Ik8 /by
- People are lazy. Here’s how I get shit done. http://buff.ly/206Y6g6 /by
- Love this by
@lara_hogan, on a non-linear career trajectory – http://buff.ly/1RwRDon
- “Understand that… success of the Black man is no more linked to a suit than his delinquency is linked to a hoodie.” http://buff.ly/1LX8Bwp
@kecatlin and @femgineer made a spooky halloween video – http://buff.ly/1KBbn4V
- Lobstercoon! Amazing!
- “When hell visits us, we don’t get to escape grieving.” – Everything Doesn’t Happen For A Reason http://buff.ly/20iPN0R /via
One reply on “This Week”
Your dating coach link seems to be broken 🙁
[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.