Started the week in NYC, went to DC, finished the week in the UK. Completely wrecked! Leaving for Wales tomorrow. Past-Cate was a bit too optimistic about… everything. That being said I had a great time in NYC and DC even though I didn’t really go anywhere – just the shopping mall where I was staying, the train station, and the airport!
Starting to think about what next year looks like which is… let’s say exciting.
Speaking at iOSDevCamp DC which was super great. I also did a talk for CapOne the day before the conference which was a bit more unstructured Q&A. Helped me see how far I’ve come – not long ago I would have found that terrifying! And also how much blogging helps my speaking, because I ended up covering topics I’d written about.
We launched sponsored posts for Technically Speaking (yay!) and September is already booked out, now we’re going into October.
Reading a review copy of Present and still working on The Elements of User Onboarding. Finished Thirteen Weddings and read The Turning Point (this made me cry so much, whilst on the middle seat on a plane too), reading The Coincidence of Coconut Cake. Watching Big Bang Theory.
Product links Amazon.
- Panel Discussions and Dissent
- Codes of Conduct and Worthless Manfeelings
- Social Media Coping Strategies
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On The Internet
- The first year of a business, so real and reflects my experience too – http://buff.ly/1JmOVgu /by
- Baby bunny! http://buff.ly/1KoF9id
- “We are not our work. Let’s stop making that the first thing we want to know about our fellow humans.” http://buff.ly/1IrEuGP
- “People ask me if I like my job. My job is a deeply fulfilling hell.”
@shanley – this is a must-read – http://buff.ly/1O4On2f
@kecatlin: Thrilled to share an excerpt from “Present! The Techie’s Guide for Engaging An Audience” Download it here http://buff.ly/1LR6w6h @femgineer
@ShowAndHide: Brightly colored glass house #showandhide http://buff.ly/1KFjCSy
- Love the hedgie calendar – http://buff.ly/1Ksgvig
- Travel inspiration – The Hardest Places in the World to Visit – http://buff.ly/1EDZTBU
- This is excellent by
@rachelnabors – You literally cannot pay me to speak without a Code of Conduct – http://buff.ly/1EE1qb7
- This this this – “I’ve learned the hard way that ‘exposure’ won’t pay my mortgage.” – http://buff.ly/1LYiFq1
- Live tweets from my Unit Testing Beyond the Model talk
@iosdevcampdc – http://buff.ly/1VDhka0
@JRhodesPianist: Guardian letter today. Compassion and resounding truth in every word.
- <3 “They would never put their lives on hold to accommodate someone else’s idea of who they should be.” http://buff.ly/1LYtCI8
- This kitten tho http://buff.ly/1JLDnps