Crashed so hard last weekend after not taking enough of a break. Then mid-week got away and was so focused on having a life (vacation! yay!) I forgot I do this post every week.
Went to Croatia. Saw some beautiful lakes. Left stress behind. Was amazing.
Getting through stuff before I left. Some things that have been a source of stress seem to be getting better so that is something. I don’t know if it is the break or if it is real but I feel optimistic and that is what matters!
I’m speaking at Leeds Tech Hub on July 9th.
Product Links Amazon.
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
I storified my tweets from the Museum of Broken Relationships.
On The Internet
- “software engineering teams in industries outside of technology tended to have many more women.” http://buff.ly/1BnKVhU
@anarcharaccoon: “Anarchism has but one infallible, unchangeable motto Freedom.”
- Of course Japan has the coolest tiny houses – http://buff.ly/1QGc86b /via
@EmrgencyKittens: desert kitten
- These graphics are cute and amusing – What Value-Creating Winners Do All Day – http://buff.ly/1BrMwDf /via
- No regrets? Why not? http://buff.ly/1L6Gh9Z /by
- Nice to see a man writing on diversity thoughtfully and not just pipelining – thanks
@randfish – http://buff.ly/1H5kKP9
@BuzzFeedUK: 17 signs you should actually break up http://www.buzzfeed.com/annaborges/dump-them?bftwuk&utm_term=4ldqpgm#4ldqpgm …
- “The E-mail Productivity Curve” http://buff.ly/1LqCuT4
@anarcharaccoon: “Nobody… has ever gotten their freedom by appealing to the moral sense of the people who were oppressing them.”
- Interesting – Why do some women artists pretend that success is the result of sorcery? http://buff.ly/1TFXKcV
- Meet the ‘digital nomads’ who travel the world in search of fast Wi-Fi – http://buff.ly/1H2Uzqp /via
- On sexual harassment and setting standards – Dear Uber. http://buff.ly/1BvTEhI /by
@cassmarketos /via @dianakimball
- This is really great and touches on things I’ve been thinking about lately – On Sarcasm and Trust – http://buff.ly/1BvTQxl /by
- Racoon? Or domestic goddess? Domestic furress? https://vine.co/v/eiEm1OzpIpF /via
@9GAGGifs: Developing Process
- Our first stop but
@webwright went there already and left tips! Plitvice Park in Croatia – http://buff.ly/1e3CrkX
@lccarson gives the best exams
- Lol “One time, I knocked over a vat of acid because I saw a baby duck through a window and I couldn’t stop crying. ” http://buff.ly/1BE4B0L
@vacanti: It was a 5-4 ruling: Men 4-2 against, Women 3-0 for. Another reminder of benefits of women in leadership positions
- Love at Third Sight — http://buff.ly/1HkREJL /via
- The damned annoying truth about sucking at things http://buff.ly/1KhM4uf /via
- Poor hedgie – Hedgehog trapped in railings ‘misjudged own girth’ – http://buff.ly/1eMtSfg
- Having a working mother works for daughters (and people who date/marry their sons) http://buff.ly/1TRZmAx /via
@opsecanimals: Low morale and high turnover can be security risks. Don’t be so eager for volunteers that you don’t vet them properly
- There are swimming pools in caves! Omg amazing – http://buff.ly/1C2jdrc
- Amazing – Am I Allowed to Log Off The Internet? – http://buff.ly/1Htd6yh /by