In Malta, hanging out with my mom. There was an owl on the bus.
Otherwise – finalising my plans for South America for April / May. Exciting!
Light week, but I really needed a break after the week before! We ran another Technically Speaking hangout, I prepped for my talk at NSConf next week, and dealt with some small bits and pieces I hadn’t got to lately, like sending out a new build of Show and Hide.
Watching Gossip Girl. Reading The Sleep Book(week 2 of a 5 week plan so I expect to just read a section each week for the next 4 weeks), and Thinking in Systems. Finished The Gift, the thing with her books is that they are often so bittersweet. Also read New Year’s: Nathaniel P. as Seen Through the Eyes of His Friend Aurit.
Product Links Amazon.
- Things I May Never Get Used To In Berlin
- The Woman Speaker Slot
- Book: How to Invest Your Time Like Money
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On The Internet
- I’m in #2 right now, #6 is my fave country, and #9 is on my bucket list – Top 10 Tiny Countries to Discover – http://buff.ly/1Gbsdan
- Interesting – No, Women’s Voices Are Not Easier to Understand Than Men’s Voices – http://buff.ly/1CMmdas /via
@google, y’all – Former Google engineer claims she was sexually harassed and “Google did nothing about it” http://m.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2015/03/07/former-google-engineer-claims-she-was-sexually-harassed-google-did-nothing-about-it …
- Pronouns Matter when Psyching Yourself Up – http://buff.ly/190fUDE /via
- I really admire
@funkwit for writing this. I wish more managers held themselves to this standard. http://buff.ly/1BWejK0
- “I wish I hadn’t waited to become an advocate for women until I became a dad to daughters” http://buff.ly/180gdgC
- Why We Sleep Together – http://buff.ly/1A8TFBV /via
- This is good, on a side project turning into a company – The dream forms over time – http://buff.ly/1F0lWju /via
- Loved learning about Annie Jean Easley, “if i can’t work with you i will work around you” – http://buff.ly/1Gg8Vk1 /via
- Don’t get me wrong it’s awesome that something is named after me. But it would be cool if it was less depressing. http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Huston_test …
- This is great – Blind Interviews for Tech: They really work! http://buff.ly/1aY1TqJ
- Really proud of my friend
@juliaferraioli for writing about how her first job in tech nearly drove her out forever – http://buff.ly/1BtmKuP
- Really good, on the “grey area between a lifestyle business and a venture backed moonshot” http://buff.ly/1wlObHH /via
- This is lovely, heartwarming – Lesbians Who Tech Summit SF ’15 writeup http://buff.ly/1Abx87q /via
- Such an angry kitty – http://buff.ly/1BrMdVt
- I don’t have words to describe it so just trust me, read it, to the end – http://buff.ly/1Af4xhy
- Look! It’s a kitten in a bowl! http://buff.ly/1C4l5Oa
- This is good – Yes, You Need Therapy to Get Over Your Ex (And for Everything Else) http://buff.ly/1Aufv1S /via
@janl put together a storify on supporting Part Time Parents in an Agile environment – http://buff.ly/1Bs8d3I
- “the tech industry is looking at the canary, wondering why it can’t breathe, saying “Lean in, canary. Lean in!”” http://buff.ly/1MyQcCC