I have had the most eventful and exhausting week. It started off so well – really great day Monday, progress on on a demo, catching up with friends before I leave London. And then the shower in my apartment broke, I had to move out two weeks early, and I spent the weekend at an Open Data “creation weekend”. I am exhausted. But at least I have somewhere to stay with a working shower. So that is something!
Now that How I Met Your Mother has finished, I’m watching it again from the beginning. Starting with Season 1. Still reading The Profitable Side Project, but finished Going Dutch (probably the book of hers I like least). Now reading A Girl Like You (meh).
Product links Amazon.
Dinner at Kappa (so close to my old apartment but I never went before!), The Delauney (fancy!), Suzu (basic but tasty and cheap), Pearl Liang (omg BBQ pork puffs), Pham Sushi. Co-working and Cake at Look Mum No Hands! which is a cool place. Korobuta Chelsea was okay, we had terrible seats right next to the door, the food was pretty great but some of it was way overpriced. Ice cream and crepes at Amorino were fantastic though.
I’m featured in an article in Mashable about taking international assignments.
On The Internet
- “Deep Habits: Jumpstart Your Concentration with a Depth Ritual” http://buff.ly/1uwZU2y
- Great post on networks and diversity – Where’s The Man Who’s Paying For All Of This? – http://buff.ly/1m5eTj4 /via
- Life isn’t a checklist – Kicking the Bucket List – http://buff.ly/X5FG2C /via
- I know nothing on or at
@github should shock us, but https://github.com/edankwan/penis.js …. Like every site with dudebros, they need a “report” button.
- ‘Endies’: Employed with No Disposable Income are struggling in London – http://buff.ly/1tWVgfo
- Awwh kitty with horse – http://buff.ly/1m7u1wn
- On decision making when buying things – Using Opportunity Cost to Your Advantage – http://buff.ly/1nZDm4A /via
- Yep. 23 Things Only People Who Love Spending Time Alone Will Understand – http://buff.ly/Xb2WMC /via
- Cute – Being good to each other is so important, guys. http://buff.ly/1wnpc2n /via
- lol lol lol pets interrupting people doing yoga – http://buff.ly/1wnqdY5 /via
- Interesting, mostly abotu writing though – How I Kept a 373-Day Productivity Streak Unbroken – http://buff.ly/1tYhBZW /via
- Great to see
@triketora on this list of 30 badass Women Under 30 In Tech (many of them technical!) http://buff.ly/XmDfsn
- “You need to choose to leave an environment that makes you feel small, even if it means starting over.” ~
@juliepagano‘s series is resonating with me – Life and Times of a Tech Feminist Killjoy: It’s Not Just Your Job http://buff.ly/1u17YcY
- I am obsessed with this hedgehog http://buff.ly/1uffXQf
- Thought-provoking – How to Make Big Career Decisions: Don’t Tack to Cover – http://buff.ly/1ygmbFG /via
- “This isn’t about quotas; it’s about data.” Why Most Leadership Development Programs For Women Fail – http://buff.ly/1rdZH3i
- Interesting, although a bit cool-aidey – Make Engineering Interns Truly Effective with This Startup’s Program – http://buff.ly/1wpoNwl
- This tweet and associated picture are seriously the best things I’ve seen on twitter today =”..”= thanks
@shanley https://twitter.com/shanley/status/513035296884002816 …
- @noirinp: Why don’t women speak up about harassment? Well, one reason might be that then *we* get sued: http://teamharpy.wordpress.com/2014/09/19/official-teamharpy-statement-on-the-case-of-joseph-hawley-murphy-vs-nina-de-jeus-and-lisa-rabey/ …
- How I changed my three worst time-wasting habits · http://buff.ly/1wrZOIX
- “whenever you are faced with a choice between liberty and security, choose liberty.” http://buff.ly/1u3a643 /via
- Always great, Study Hacks – How the Best Young Professors Research (and Why it Matters to You) http://buff.ly/1mhqdsu
- I am too chicken to take any of this excellent advice from
@dontgetcaught – 10 things to look for on video of talk http://buff.ly/1mhsl3e
- Awwh kitty playing peekabo – http://buff.ly/1mhsBPU
- Lol – 8 other homes you could buy for the price of the average London house –http://buff.ly/1raYRml