No culture this week which is a shame, although I spent a lot of time wondering around London which was nice! Hung out with friends, including one who was over from Sydney which was awesome.
Giving up my apartment is becoming a nightmare. Estate agents are stressful, they are around all the time and keep not giving me enough notice (as little as 30 minutes, assuming they can be let in rather than getting confirmation).
Re-watching Drop Dead Diva (fave TV show!) Re-read Disengaged (okay) and Don’t Want to Miss a Thing (like Jill Mansell). Reading Raw Materials.
Product links Amazon.
Breakfast at Cafe du coin (meh) and Beany Green (great), dinner at Addie’s Thai, Da Mario, Dozo Sushi, Rocca di Papa, Bills, lunch at Baker and Spice and Wagamama.
- On Leaving (again), Compound Effects and Falling Out Of Love
- The Aristechracy
- Review: Misfit Wearable
Also, You don’t have to have just one mentor. Here are 5 different types on Be Leaderly.
On The Internet
- @danshapiro: Remember when @ericaswallow wrote about summer in VC? Well, the VCs listened. Just kidding! They yelled at her. http://on.wsj.com/1BKfxqv
- Love this – “I do not believe in god anymore. I believe in the power of the human imaginative capacity” – http://buff.ly/1neMt0G
- Good, and I love the phrase “human brake pad” – No One Nos: Learning to Say No to Bad Ideas – http://buff.ly/1s4WIHO /via @humanplusdesign
- “As a woman in computer science, I feel pressured to be “empowering” to other women and appear confident to men.” http://buff.ly/1v5evU9
- “it really seems like they would rather not sell anything than sell things to girls” http://buff.ly/1mDx9L3 /via @brainwane
- This is good, on spending a day mobile web only, no apps! – http://buff.ly/1nqcytN /via @filipmares by @Paul_Kinlan
- This is good from @juliepagano on Boundaries & Consent, “I do not aspire to your definition of nice.” http://buff.ly/1vAFXa3
- “we can talk about.. ways to help make better environments, but the only way to.. fix it is to hire a diverse team.” http://buff.ly/1vAHk8s
- “Don’t mourn the life you didn’t get” – http://buff.ly/1wtvUYv /via @felsull
- I like this from @aimafidon on 5 things she’s learned at 25 (thanks for being an inspiration <3) – http://buff.ly/1tFof4A
- @GildedPages: I’m just going to leave this right here. #NaysayersGonnaNaysay#relaxed pic.twitter.com/TRcCVbigWP
- File this under “not surprised” – Performance review gender bias: High-achieving women are ‘abrasive’ – http://buff.ly/1p80mNV
- “Do the brave thing, do the thing that scares you a little, and amazing things happen.” – http://buff.ly/1zyesOB /via @_vivienleung_
- This from @juliaferraioli about the nonsense women experience in the tech industry – Do you even…? http://buff.ly/1p7ZWaf
- Fascinating, would wear – The Newest Wearable Tech Keeps Track Of How Happy You Are – http://buff.ly/1wARmL0 /via @katemats
- Omg cutest kitten! http://buff.ly/1plhF4b /via @perrowcommamike
- 7 Things Engineers Want Recruiters and Employers to Know – http://buff.ly/1pa7ZmY
- Much sexy, such cute – des homme et des chatons – http://buff.ly/1mXwx36
- Much wisdom from @juliepagano here – “Building a Diverse Speaker Lineup” http://buff.ly/1qbgeEp
- These necklaces are awesome. A planter necklace! Amazing! http://buff.ly/1pcyyb0
- Lols and nostalgia – If the Characters of FRIENDS Had Online Dating Profiles http://buff.ly/1rFPHBX
- Good presentation advice in general here – How To Craft A Concise Pitch Investors Will Care About — http://buff.ly/1nKTO8r /via @johnmaeda
- I don’t really like that remote work is branded as a woman’s thing (plenty of men want to/do), but this is cool – http://buff.ly/1rHaTr4
- “being in my comfort zone would mean dreamless cryogenic sleep on a space-station far away from humanity.” http://buff.ly/1qXk5F8 /v @sachac
- This is interesting on making decisions quickly without the group think –http://buff.ly/1vY9kD6
One reply on “This Week”
This Week http://t.co/OwZqgshxkV