Goals for this week were:
- Next Twitter Visualization (super excited about this)
- CA Project outline
- Read 5 papers
- Marking :’(
- Move ToDo Lists over to Remember The Milk
- Write more on thesis, get to the point where papers can be integrated
- Write survey for other project (more soon!)
- 3 blog posts
- Worked on next week’s WISE event
- Got a page of my website mostly done
- Annoyed prof by coding my assignment in Haskell
- Had to redo part of my assignment, not in Haskell (really annoyed about this)
- Played with Adobe’s Flex Builder 3
- Moved onto Adobe Flash builder 4
- Hated both of them, hence lack of new Viz (they are buggy with next to no error reporting. I’ve already crashed Flash builder twice).
- Applied for Curriculum Development again
- Submitted the abstract for a presentation I’m giving October 30th.
It’s really been a frustrating week with things coming up and needing to be done (like redoing the question in my assignment) and taking longer than expected (Flex/Flash Builder, marking – tried it on both Macs before I discovered that I had to use a Windows PC for the macros in the marking sheet to work – which meant Sunday at school). I’m loving Remember the Milk, though!
For this week:
- Write more on thesis
- Create slides for presentation
- CA Project plan (need to find out what this entails)
- WISE event
- Write survey for other project
- Keep working on Twitter Viz, maybe look for a new viz toolkit.