Getting random beauty treatments here in BA. This week I tried this thing that my roommate and I call “Electrocution” (they name it something less terrifying at the salon). And also got a massage, which was good. Finally found good sushi! And hung out with people a lot more than has been normal lately. Checked myself into a nice hotel to better ignore the holiday this weekend. It’s nice. They have a pool, and food.
Really appreciated Leave Me, and then read Three Amazing Things About You which was – appropriately – amazing, starting on The Expatriates. Still re-watching Drop Dead Diva – love that show, and Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Finished Thinking Fast and Slow, which I didn’t super enjoy, and starting on a preview copy of a friend’s new book (it’s awesome!)
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On the Internet
- Are you too old to find success? http://buff.ly/2hfdIg2 /by
- Underexplored European Countries You’ll Want to Add to Your Next Trip – http://buff.ly/2hfd9mt
- On the rise of the feminist blogosphere, and why women run outlets are the ones calling shit out now – http://buff.ly/2i5fwfF AMAZING.
- This is helpful – A Behind The Scenes Look At Creating Various Forms Of Written Content – http://buff.ly/2gZKeXj /by
@saladinahmed: HUMANS: revolution just isn’t possible in this country BIRDS: you fucking cowards
- Fascinating – I learned things – How our language reveals our thoughts on equality – http://buff.ly/2gOZ129 /via
- Basically why I’ve found coaching helpful – 5 Unexpected Things A Great Coach Will Do For You – http://buff.ly/2gPEQku /by
- Love this – Making sense of MVP (Minimum Viable Product) – and why I prefer Earliest Testable/Usable/Lovable http://buff.ly/2h0CNPw
- This is what starting small looks like – http://buff.ly/2hJGA3z /via
- Love this video so much – Snow Shoveler Bhangra| Maritime Bhangra Group || Halifax,NS || Canada || http://buff.ly/2hy0fTt /via
- “The problem with “exceptional” women.” http://buff.ly/2hOQopR – right on
@MollyOstertag: coming of age
@FioraAeterna: i’d like to propose an alternative to the whiteboard interview,
- Super helpful! How to Tell if You Have a Good Boss – http://buff.ly/2i5egZO /via
- Oh my god, reading this is painful ‘cos so, so true. “Only bitches want better. Only sluts want more.” http://buff.ly/2h7xPk8 /by