Went to the spa for a random beauty treatment involving being frozen, and a facial, and laser. Also got a massage, which was great – needed! Worked out, read books, did a little exploring of the botanical gardens, and found some new places to eat.
Busy – catching up with people before they leave for the holidays, and figuring out what projects are happening and where they are at. But really enjoying it.
Finished re-reading Georgette Heyer, returning to modernity with Leave Me, which I’m really enjoying. Still re-watching Drop Dead Diva – love that show. Still plodding through Thinking Fast and Slow which is interesting but irritatingly self-satisfied.
Product links Amazon.
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On the Internet
- Why there’s no place like home – for anyone, any more – http://buff.ly/2hiwQgi /via
@planetepics: George the Wombat stealing hearts at Australian Reptile Park
- How to Stop Micromanaging and Start Leading – http://buff.ly/2hiG6Bb /by
@Jo_Miller feat. ME!
- This is interesting – on iterating on your interviewing approach – Finding a Tech Leadership Job in Silicon Alley – https://t.co/buq1HZYTm4
- This is really good! Taking Ownership Is The Most Effective Way to Get What You Want – http://buff.ly/2gOzk2k /by
- This is… biting and not inaccurate. How to Pay Programmers Less – http://buff.ly/2hBZq8G /via
- Oh my god. I die. An Imagined Date Between Two Straight Men – http://buff.ly/2hl5Ts0 (max lol that they are both called Matt)
- I have reservations about efficacy of the pledge but I’m really glad
@photomatt signed it on behalf of @automattic http://buff.ly/2hCRpBH
@deapoirierbooks: O Christmas Floof, O Christmas Floof How lovely are thy whiskers
@jordan_stratton: Sometimes cats are sweet. Other times, they absorb the power of a ritual stone so they can finally overthrow and destroy their masters.