Saw a little bit (well: one art gallery) of Philly, and then came “home” to BA. Trying to rehydrate and get back to normal life – had a really good workout, and went exploring. I went to the National Museum of Fine Arts and watched the sun set at the Floralis Genérica. It was lovely!
Intense! Finished doing 1:1s with everyone on the team and getting started on what’s next.
Product links Amazon.
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
I sent a WTHIC from PHL.
On the Internet
- Must read on toxic masculinity and relationships – Men Dump Their Anger Into Women http://buff.ly/2h2amw9 /by
@SassyDotLove /via @cattsmall
- This is good – The Evolving Product Manager Role – http://buff.ly/2gV5TPH /by
@johncutlefish /via @kstewart
- This. “We cracked the ceiling and now the ceiling wants us to bleed.” http://buff.ly/2g91OWF /via
- Great examples of taking vague / unhelpful feedback and making it constructive – Negative feedback antipatterns – http://buff.ly/2gWV7bx
- Interesting. How to simplify complex decisions by cleaving the facts http://buff.ly/2gEIv8n /via
- I really like this – Don’t overlook the quiet voices and contributions http://buff.ly/2g1yZND /by
@dankim /via @chiuki
@anarcharaccoon: We must build communities of resistance preparing for a revolution.
@anarcharaccoon: Our hope is with the hopeless.
- Quite horrified by the level of managing up outlined here – 7 Essential Tips for Effective 1 on 1 meetings – http://buff.ly/2gZv5nK
@helenhousandi: Yeah, sure, it’s Asians who all look same.
@anarcharaccoon: The passion for freedom is stronger than all cages.
- I really like this – Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head – http://buff.ly/2hlf8sO /by
- Love this from
@johnmaeda – four rules to follow as leader – https://t.co/8daZ4kUupn
- Elite Worship http://buff.ly/2gM5prv /by
- The Open-Faced Shit Sandwich: Improvements on a Crappy Original – http://buff.ly/2gMwbjS /by