Flew back from São Paulo. Managed to get a massage and a hair cut!
First week out of support and in my role. Couple of intense days of 1:1s, then came to Philly for WordCamp US.
Still reading Georgette Heyer, still re-watching Drop Dead Diva – love that show. Still plodding through Thinking Fast and Slow which is interesting but irritatingly self-satisfied.
Product links Amazon.
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
I sent a WTHIC letter from EZE.
On the Internet
@madeofwasps: Fucking diddums.
@Karnythia: This piece on the rigidity of rural America is really interesting. I keep coming back to it. http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/the-dark-rigidity-of-fundamentalist-rural-america-a-view-from-the-inside/ …
- Why Can’t Silicon Valley Solve Its Diversity Problem? http://buff.ly/2g6txYH feat.
@zoonini: No matter your public-speaking level, check out @catehstn & @chiuki‘s newsletter Technically Speaking. https://getspeak.in/2016/11/27/technically-speaking/ … #getspeakin
- Dear Apple, she’s dead. – http://buff.ly/2gkMfJC /by
@danshapiro: Platypus puggles
@danshapiro: We are the puggles.
- Yikes. Does the perfect boyfriend live inside your phone? https://t.co/d45kbBuxi1
- This is good – Publish vs. Pull Managers – http://buff.ly/2fTEnhH /by
- Filing under “not surprised”. Men Love Smart Women Until They Actually Have to Talk to Them https://t.co/QhJzn12l8E
- This is really good on doing effective code review – http://buff.ly/2fpdkPc /by
@snhmnd /via @lenazun
@anarcharaccoon: One struggle, one fight.
@anarcharaccoon: Smashing patriarchy is self care.
@BinAnimals: A spectre is haunting Europe
- TIL – The MIT License, Line by Line, 171 words every programmer should understand – http://buff.ly/2glah7r /by
- LOL! This Mother & Daughter’s Text Thread About Trying To Buy Tampons Is A Drama For The Ages http://buff.ly/2g7SYsJ /via
- This is good, self care is not just pleasure, and often hard. What Nobody Tells You About Self-Care – http://buff.ly/2glmfxA /via
@VanguardVivian: Millennial hate. This is SO good.
- Actionable Feedback, Why it Matters, and How to Get Better at Giving It – http://buff.ly/2glYUeN /by