Came back from the river exhausted and a bit sick, so just chilled out and enjoyed my last few days in Medellin. I went to the spa (twice), Casa Museo Pedro Nel Gómez (great landscapes), Parque Explora (aquarium!), Planetario de Medellín (loved the video in the dome, really cool), Museo del Agua (mainly around the Colombian climate – really interesting although the tour goes a bit long), and finally Palacio De La Cultura Rafael Uribe Uribe where I found a beautiful exhibit by Henry Gonzalez Velasquez.
Product links Amazon.
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
I sent the last WTHIC 2016 letter from MDE.
On the Internet
- LOVE THIS – To find Hillary Clinton likable, we must learn to view women as complex beings – http://buff.ly/2dfl0lE
- I finally have a reason to go to Abu Dhabi – the world’s fastest rollercoaster! http://buff.ly/2cEjry7
@MarkHamiIl: Scottish people and twitter is quality material.
- I found this super helpful for thinking about learning and development, not just in product – http://buff.ly/2cXICZu /by
@dontgetcaught: The Eloquent Woman: What does your more evolved, future speaker self look like? http://goo.gl/fb/n5siV5
- This is gold. Want to be an Engineering Manager? http://buff.ly/2cOu7W9 /by
@ednapiranha /via @kstewart
- This is a thorough and detailed breakdown of equity as compensation – No Exit – http://buff.ly/2cZBUFz /by
@buzz /via @buritica
- Ages ago I wrote this, and Present-Cate is grateful for it – 5 Strategies For Making Progress on Side Projects – https://t.co/qT2I4tZRlA
- Mansplaining: how not to talk to female Nasa astronauts http://buff.ly/2cEqIi9 /via
- “the most regressive notions about marriage… ultimately a woman’s responsibility to maintain it, whatever the cost.” https://t.co/eEVHU5Hdzi