Digging myself out of a bureaucratic hole and planning my adventure for October! Went to Caño Cristales for the weekend, which was very beautiful and not at all relaxing.
Fixed blog (something important had uninstalled itself). Wrote a tiny bit of code and looked a bit more at code coverage. Also: signed contract for new job that I’m starting in November. Super excited!
The original is taken down, but the interview prep guide is now available on my GitHub.
Finished Falling (didn’t really enjoy it). Reading Do Not Disturb, and Why Him, Why Her. Watching Keeping Up With the Kardashians.
Product links Amazon.
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
Sent WTHIC letters from EOH and LMC.
Storify of live tweets from my Ruby Conf Colombia talk.
On the Internet
- On point by
@cattsmall – “The Boys’ Club doesn’t disband just because you hire women.” http://buff.ly/2cvLEqT
@FeldmanAdam: This. @ShowAndHide: https://t.co/04Tgvl9yRJ
- This is helpful – How to Recruit – http://buff.ly/2chQAvN /by
@felsull: “Lord Almighty,” she says, “folks of privilege don’t understand how $17 can ruin you.” https://t.co/J3DDILBEtR
@RebeccaSlatkin: Carry yourself w/the confidence of a girl holding a massive owl.
@felsull: I have a lot of issues with Lena Dunham’s exalted privilege, which has gone unchecked; I found this a measured read: https://t.co/vMsI3CzIC4
- This is a great project from
@recompilermag, please back it! (I did) – The Responsible Communication Style Guide – https://t.co/PnsPSQKWNy
@Vole_Facts: Pine needles make ideal toothpicks for voles.
- I like this, on how email changed jobs – some for the better, and some for the worse (and why!) http://buff.ly/2chSUTH
- I wrote up how I approached and what I learned doing Hiring Manager Interviews – http://buff.ly/2cmxjbh
@mattetti: New blog post: WTF is a CTO? https://medium.com/@mattetti/wtf-is-a-cto-24b9ad4d6e50#.sy6ftpym7 … A reflection on my role at @splice now that I have a great VP of eng.
- This is great – Thinking beyond hiring: Setting your diverse hires up for success – http://buff.ly/2cvMtzA /by
@uicynthia /via @cattsmall
@strandbookstore: This metaphor went some places.
- Why GitHub Finally Abandoned Its Bossless Workplace – http://buff.ly/2cwjsUE /via
- Love stories about close female friendships, this has some great musings on life after big success too http://buff.ly/2ccw04f /v
@alicegoldfuss: New post: ‘Ladies’ Is Gender Neutral https://t.co/t2CLTYc0dI
- Best part is the why on what makes people happier – What Should You Choose: Time or Money? http://buff.ly/2chu3jA /via
- On writing about other cultures “There is a thin line between observation and othering” http://buff.ly/2ccKd10 /b
@nicolelzhu /v @triketora
- Yet more evidence of cis-men draining cis-women’s life forces – Men emit essence that makes women age faster – https://t.co/RhdfdjdmkG
- This was… I have no words. My Father Was An Abusive Sociopath, and I Was the Only One He Had Left – http://buff.ly/2chvL2F /by
@RafaelCasal: Take on the day like this owl, everyone. This is a get-shit-done owl.
- I love everything that
@duretti writes. This is a must read, comfortable with jargon or not – Confronting Jargon – https://t.co/XiP242YEEG
- A Beginner’s Very Bumpy Journey Through The World of Open Source – http://buff.ly/2cRdjCR /via
- Five Stages of Unlearning Racism – http://buff.ly/2cDT4W5 by the brilliant
- This is wonderful. How to be perfectly unhappy – http://buff.ly/2cUN9xY