Had fun in Guatape – went to Pablo Escobar’s finca, which was bombed out. Eerily beautiful. Rode a jetski and got stranded. Also exploring Medellin because a friend was visiting – we went to El Castillo and Parque Arvi. Then flew to SF where I’ve been catching up with friends.
This site has had a visual refresh – needs a bit more work, but I’m excited about it. Preparing and practising for workshop next week.
Started promoting the slack channel for new(-ish) eng managers, and we put our webpage up.
Product links Amazon.
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
I sent Where the Hell is Cate letters from Guatape and MDE.
On the Internet
@ShowAndHide: Behind the squared walls…
@myhairisblue: Beautiful yet empty inside just like I aspire to be
- “When we dehumanize people in conversation, we give permission for them to be degraded in other ways as well.” https://t.co/JdUctqFvke
- This is such a simple and helpful idea! “I like I wish” to get better feedback – https://t.co/TfwnocFhtC
- “I never stood up for myself. I didn’t want to be “that girl” ” http://buff.ly/2aWs81D /via
- OMG – Types of Guys I Would Like to Date, If Anyone Could Please Introduce Me to Them – http://buff.ly/2aHfOD8 /FAO
- Omg a sci fi that I like and also a hedgehog. This is a rare gif.
- This hit home – “Management is, frankly, not an attractive job to the people who should be doing it.” http://buff.ly/2avw8JO /via
- This was chilling. But also optimistic. What’s written in the scars of Hillary Clinton http://buff.ly/2aHoDhL /via
@stevesi @ShowAndHide: https://t.co/aB7m6hndPE
- The AMAZING
@mipsytipsy LAYING IT DOWN – DevOps vs SRE: delayed coverage of the dumbest war – https://t.co/XBZzIBBzQJ @shenanigansen:
- This was helpful, and honest – Working Remotely – http://buff.ly/2avqffM /by
@snookca /via @kstewart
- LOVE this post on mentorship! Full of simple but impactful things to do – http://buff.ly/2avlljb /by
@biancaxunise: Almost got killed by a cop today and became a hashtag! I’m shaking & sick to my stomach & I was just trying to help
- This is awesome, and thanks for the
@techspeakdigest shout out! On running an inclusive CfP – http://buff.ly/2ayoxdK /by @Geek_Manager