Came “home” to Medellin, to the closest to a real home I’ve had since September 2014. Unpacked. Bought a kettle. And a teapot. Joined a new gym (this one isn’t in a sex tourist hotel), went to spin class for the first time in forever. Took myself off for the long weekend.
Reading Taming Your Gremlin, and read First Comes Love (been ages since I read a whole novel!) Watching the last season of How I Met Your Mother, and The Magicians.
Product links Amazon.
On the Internet
- Must read by
@garannm on the Brexit – “Maybe everywhere is exactly the same, nowhere is sensible, nowhere is safe.” https://t.co/ikp3p6JmB6
@Hedgehog_Factz: Hedgehogs are royalty.
- On bi-model work habits, this explains why I get so much more done in MDE – http://buff.ly/294I6rd
- “You choose unavailable men because they will punish you for being who you are.” http://buff.ly/28Y5KZG /via
- Love this – Jennifer Lopez, Kerry Washington, A-Listers on Nudity, Network Fights and the “Diva” Label – https://t.co/E1c4TOJk2d
- What makes a manager a good mentor: a jr dev’s perspective – http://buff.ly/297CSw0 /by
@kdv24 /via @segdeha
- This article is so true and on point – on the subtle sexism of minimalism – Bros Before Homes http://buff.ly/29bDwHC /via
- Notes from a half-hearted ex-pat in Oz: Brexit made me realise there is no going back – http://buff.ly/294IFED /via
- This is so thoughtful – Accessibility and gendered language at Clue – http://buff.ly/29oMxMH /via
- So many helpful ideas here – 10 Product Designers Share Their Best Habits – http://buff.ly/29auhJa /by
@WentRogue: Heidi is sick of your bullshit.
@CityLab: This map shows that basically all roads do lead to Rome http://trib.al/IVEuFuG
- OMG THIS – “If you don’t believe in someone, you should not be teaching them.” http://buff.ly/298zjXd /by
@Nick_Craver: This would make a good tech debt poster
- OMG quokka!!!
- Never underestimate the avoidance of British people.