Trying to prioritise myself more. I went swimming, which was amazing (my apartment didn’t have a pool – sadness), worked out, and got myself a 3-month apartment for when I come back in a couple of weeks.
A lot of planning and product definition work. Saying goodbye to my team after our offsite, and leaving myself for NYC. Started getting leadership coaching which is really helping.
An engineer on my team gave his first talk! So exciting! I live tweeted it (in English, it was given in Spanish).
Product links Amazon.
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On The Internet
@ShowAndHide: Kobes saved the day!
- My friend
@natashatherobot is amazing – so proud of everything she does, and that she wrote this – On Diversity – https://t.co/nxR7U5ljVL @ShowAndHide: https://t.co/AEM68iPgMc
- This could also be titled “Bros in CS opine on things they know nothing about, in a way that sets back science” – https://t.co/pHDx342i6C
- “…whether, when you have once escaped to a place of security, you would not gladly exchange such safety for death.” http://buff.ly/1sryMF8
@gemmacorrell: am pigeon.
- Sure I’ve shared this before, but it’s helpful and worth re-reading – On Being A Senior Engineer – http://buff.ly/28kc1Dw /by
@jocastlemiller: We didn’t know where Hillary’s votes were coming from bc they didn’t feel it was safe to tell us in the first place.
- Hello bird, will you be my patronus?
- I feel like this owl looks tonight.
- This guy annoys me a lot but the idea of the way you travel evolving speaks to me. http://tynan.com/how-i-travel
- Love this from
@skamille – The Virtues of Laziness and Impatience http://buff.ly/1YhiFFX
@j8kes: The whole story is so much better than the headline.