2 day staycation in Medellin which was great. Really like my new apartment, and the location, although it’s annoyingly loud at night which is messing with my sleep. Joined a new gym, which is cool, and has an amazing view (photo above) – been really nice to work out again!
Super happy because Just Say No to Thankless Emotional Labour tshirts have been arriving and people have been sending me selfies!
Mainly preparing to have my whole team in town next week – super excited!
Really happy now that I have prepped my last new talk for the year – I feel like I have free’d up a bunch of cognitive capacity and I’m excited to see what I do with it! For now, I’ve been writing a bunch of tests for Show and Hide on Android, which I’m really happy about.
Working on some Secret Technically Speaking projects.
Going to all my favourite places in one of my favourite cities! Breakfast and tea at Como Pez en el Agua, meals at Tabun and Sushi Market and Carmen.
Reading First Break All the Rules, and catching up on the final season of The Good Wife. Also watching How I Met Your Mother.
Product links Amazon
On The Internet
@ShowAndHide: Rethinking tones of brown, new hair style in London?
- I really love what
@beerops wrote about saying no, and no as an act of privilege – http://buff.ly/1Trv9FO
- Ooh this is so exciting, perfect for my staycation https://developer.android.com/reference/android/support/test/rule/ServiceTestRule.html …
@kwugirl: Management and Misanthropy (35:24) w/ @catehstn & @skamille is HILARIOUS and helpful for improving at being mentored https://t.co/0S5NF6F32U
@ShowAndHide: Things the skies sometimes shows us!
@BabyAnimalPics: Vole sleeping in an iris flower
@ShowAndHide: “Every lake belongs to the quietness desired by the swans.” Munia Khan https://t.co/KWjcFXD5XQ
- This article is amazing, on the double binds women face and on entitlement syndrome. MUST READ. http://buff.ly/1WQpu2h
@anarcharaccoon: Adapting and accepting only leave us with a compromised life.
- Hedgie don’t worry I love you please don’t hide
@ShowAndHide: Naughty, the cat, loves pink! https://t.co/hLszBADy5h
- Super cool – Top 10 Amazing Natural Wonders in South America http://buff.ly/1NJJ3WY
@ShowAndHide: Showing another side to Foyles in London, hiding in the shadows…
@ShowAndHide: “We build too many walls and not enough bridges.” Isaac Newton https://t.co/FnS1ty9fEr
- This is great – Myths You Need to Overcome to Go from Idea to a Global Product – http://buff.ly/1sOhfY7 /by
- This video is p weird but it’s set in Medellin which is cool! http://buff.ly/25knrYS /via
- I want to give as few fucks as this raccoon. Raccoon. You are my patronus. Ilu.
@LadyFOHF: Does a British Person like you?
@EntryLevelRebel: Science: Some People Are Literally Born to Travel https://t.co/EEAyr0fo5I
- One of the better co. diversity blog posts I’ve read, but we should all remember the personal cost to
@nrrrdcore – https://t.co/iTX61q2w8J
@ShowAndHide: Showing the most incredible hidden room @kewgardens
- Interesting and also depressing – People Favor Naturals Over Strivers — Even Though They Say Otherwise – https://t.co/P2wtEX0JZR
@OfficerEdith: I told Pierre that hedgehogs love baths but he said no, People love hedgehogs having baths. There is a difference.
- We all benefit from the amazing
@ashedryden‘s work. Don’t just retweet, give some $$$ to make sure this continues.
- Hallo Mabel
@ShowAndHide: [pic] Showing the hideout down south @worthing (isolating the greens)
- This post on making open source welcoming is great – Open Open Source http://buff.ly/1OM16GT thanks for writing it,
@Charlotteis /via @janl
@ekp: Moving past gender diversity is harder than it should be. @projinclude on intersectionality and the hard questions.
- Fascinating – How Therapy Became A Hobby of the Wealthy – Rather Than A Necessity for the Mentally Ill – http://buff.ly/1Rqglos
@buritica: Ayahuasca Shaman Dreading Another Week Of Guiding Tech CEOs To Spiritual Oneness https://t.co/pE27vmELgh