Err. Planning to take a couple of days off soon because frankly I need it. Can’t wait. Didn’t have much time to see any of Cordoba, but wondered around the market a bit, the shops one evening, and found a cool sculpture garden.
In Cordoba, visiting two engineers on my team. Was great to spend time on them. Did a bunch of fighting with CI. We went out for dinner with some technical women here, and that was awesome.
Reviewed submissions for a conference I’ll be speaking at later this year!
Staying at the NH Hotel in Cordoba. Really liked Bruncheria, Alcorta, and Alfonsina.
Read a bit more of First, Break All The Rules.
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
I sent a Where the Hell is Cate postcard from CBA.
On the Internet
@ShowAndHide: Sardines for Lunchhhhhhhhhhhh
@ShowAndHide: “None of us is as smart as all of us.” Ken Blanchard https://t.co/oXAqvLRV0N
@ShowAndHide: “We’re all equal before a wave.” Laird Hamilton https://t.co/G1yiwfkeLm
@skamille sharing this – Thoughts on Take Home Interviews – http://buff.ly/1TveQaa
@ShowAndHide: Hiding the greens and showing the soft pink skies…
@ShowAndHide: “No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it.” Fernando… https://t.co/rmZZtl6Vc9
@InduKhosla: Blew off my morning workout to admire my roses that are particularly gorgeous this week. Via @ShowAndHide
@aliciability: gg noobs
- There is a raccoon cafe in seoul and I didn’t go. Who even am I?! BRB going back to Seoul. http://buff.ly/1TxTWqW /via
- Ooh yay, my Say No To “Thankless Emotional Labor” tshirts were profiled on the Power to Fly blog – https://t.co/HRnDETAda6
@ShowAndHide: “There is no blue without yellow and without orange.” Vincent Van Gogh https://t.co/NngT9tJwuU
@ShowAndHide: Red with my friend Valentina in Chiado!
@ShowAndHide: Creating clear skies in Lisbon!!
@ShowAndHide: “Hounds follow those who feed them.” Otto von Bismarck – Tiago, feed your dog! 😛
@aliciability: This little goober.
@ShowAndHide: “I’d woken up early, and I took a long time getting ready to exist.” Fernando Pessoa, The Book of… https://t.co/vpF6FXFnrF
Love this from
@femgineer on informing vs asking for permission – https://t.co/IneHNHIWbE
- This is beautiful and so, so sad – I discovered my mother’s digital life after her death – https://t.co/qKgmJqhfAV
@ftcreature: Owl docking into the mothership
- Learned so much from this – Unintuitive Things I’ve Learned about Management (Part 2) – http://buff.ly/21M7UeR /by
@joulee /via @roidrage
- This made me lol so hard! (warning: NSFW, audio) – http://buff.ly/1O9pQhj /via
- lolsob – Talking while female: an expert guide to the things you definitely should not say https://t.co/Ppfza96Dt6
@ShowAndHide: Showing sea and horizon hues in summerish Cascais 🙂
@ShowAndHide: ““Girls aren’t very good at keeping maps in their brains”, said Edmund, “That’s because we’ve got… https://t.co/jYijqjH9xV
@ShowAndHide: Hiding a copper shade sunset in Colares, Sintra… <3
@ShowAndHide: At the flee market this bright blue Saturday morning!
- Love this from
@NatashaTheRobot – Protocol-Oriented Views in Swift https://t.co/HhupHMcTkT
@ShowAndHide: [pic] Taking the Lisbon Urban Art route!