Orienting myself in Medellin – just before I leave again! Managed to get a gym membership etc. The apartment I was staying in was too big, and I didn’t have hot water for a couple of days which was stressful.
(more life updates on wherethehelliscate.com)
Great! I mean. Busy. Stressful. But great! I like my job and I feel like I am figuring it out.
In NYC: brunch at Jack’s Wife Frieda (amazing), iced tea at my favourite Chatime, dim sum at Ping’s and dinner at Quan. Went to the Met for the first time which was great. Found the Degas (love) and there’s a really varied collection of Picasso paintings.
Product links Amazon.
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
We Open Sourced our interview prep guide on the Ride Tech blog.
On The Internet
- Look what
@NatashaTheRobot Made! If you are hiring/looking – Swift Jobs – http://buff.ly/1OKf7rH
@izs: This is a great article by @catehstn for everyone who interviews job applicants http://www.cate.blog/2015/04/01/how-i-interview/ …
- This whole thread.
- “A manager actively avoids creating situations where their coding is necessary for the success of the project.” http://buff.ly/1VEpGhi
- “Code is not a sexual thing. Code is a thing you use to program computers.”
- This talk by
@kerrizor is FANTASTIC – Why We’re Bad At Hiring (And How To Fix It) – http://buff.ly/1SKlL2H
- Omg skiing hedgie
- “our experience has taught me that values must have teeth. They need to be actionable and directed” http://buff.ly/1Z3P9ki /by
- Codes of conduct and the trade-offs of copyleft – the community as an artifact we make together – http://buff.ly/1SxVKnd /by
- Love this on being a bystander, interviewing – If you see something – http://buff.ly/1Z4KfJd /by
- This is a great story and helpful strategy! – What I Will NOT Do This Year on
- SO. MANY. HEDGEHOGS. http://buff.ly/1KaZbJv /via
- I love laser cut lampshades, tealight holders. All laser light fixtures once i have a home&a
@glowforge #wantalaser http://www.geekwire.com/2015/photos-seattle-startup-vets-sell-new-glowforge-3d-laser-printer-for-1995/ …
- Super cool!
@brainwane: I #wantalaser to cut precise airlock & porthole outlines out of the newsprint origami spaceship http://www.xorph.com/anacrusis/2005/03/22/jacques/ … @glowforge
- If you started 2016 with a new project, I wrote down what I know about making projects sustainable – http://buff.ly/1Pdk7kO
- This is helpful – Don’t Fall for the Common Habits Myth that Stops People from Making Successful Change. http://buff.ly/230ePDf
- “We’re scary because we see through your bullshit. We’re scary because we don’t need your approval.” http://buff.ly/1PZUg2x
@ElbaSanchezM is speaking @ Erlang Factory in SF! http://buff.ly/1Zyp827
- I feel you hedgie. Work that accessory.
@Emzlina: “I love you!” “……I know”
- So much to see and do in NZ… I must go back! http://buff.ly/1nnjb6R
@juliajchou – It’s not your fault, and other lessons I’ve learned from being sexually harassed @Google – http://buff.ly/1Pw0UuK
- omg I love raccoons soooooooooo much <3 <3 <3 http://buff.ly/1nkQNCv /via
- Helpful from
@ellenchisa – An Intro to PM Interviewing – http://buff.ly/1n5dESx
- Argh my backlog of books to read is now even bigger thank you / damn you
@roidrage! (2015 reading list – great recs) http://buff.ly/1TZSZtr
@skamille: Everything about this article is perfect http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/17/magazine/the-happiness-code.html?smid=nytnow-share&smprod=nytnow …
- I love harbour cities! Great pics! http://buff.ly/203Y0op
- tuna I love you
If I am ever deported it’s because I was following
- Super helpful from
@femgineer, I should write one about @showandhide: Why It Can Take a Year to complete ONE Project http://buff.ly/1nnjrCW @hedgehogdays:
- “you are woefully unprepared for a career in management, and you are unaware of how badly unprepared you are.” http://buff.ly/1nnkRNI
- “Instead, just do that thing, once, today. Preferably now.” http://buff.ly/1PvIQ43