Left New Orleans and headed to NYC to… start work as director of mobile engineering at Ride. Been a busy week with that, but I got to catch up with some of my friends here, which is great.
First week of a new job so… completely overwhelming. I’m really excited about the team and what I’m doing though, and I’ll be heading to Colombia in January.
Reading High Output Management, such an illuminating and educational book! I am learning so much from it.
- Grief, Friendship, and the Most Important Thing
- Technical Interview Questions and Time Management
- Book: Present! A Techie’s Guide to Public Speaking
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On the Internet
- My friend
@janl is so wise – Sustainable Open Source – http://buff.ly/1QABUrp
@drwasho: What a time we live in.
- How to Politely Say “No” to a Ridiculous, Unreasonable Request. http://buff.ly/1lHsJc8 /via
- Tuna is the cutest hedgie
- Interesting from
@laurenmosenthal – Starting a startup as CTO / Head of Product – http://buff.ly/1HkBse7
- “People think that confidence follows skills, but it’s usually the other way around where skills follow confidence.” http://buff.ly/1Nw7RRo
- This Learning Styles Questionnaire http://buff.ly/1MFSlPp and analysis http://buff.ly/1MFSnGX was fascinating – thanks for rec
- Raccoon ready for anarchy, looking adorable. Appears to be able to drive a vehicle. 10/10.
- Stylish two tone look, excellent nose to ear ratio, 10/10 on adorableness. 2/10 on being a raccoon.
- Excellent eyes, very soft – pettable, strong feet. 10/10 for aesthetics 4/10 for being a raccoon.
- Fluffy tail, soft fur, excellent raccoon 10/10. Vicious animal disguised as adorable raccoon you don’t fool me 0/10.
- “The best — maybe the only? — real, direct measure of “innovation” is change in human behaviour.” http://buff.ly/1LC0H6y /by
@jgoldfein calls these “productivity hacks”, I would describe them more like “foundational life skills” – http://buff.ly/1MG4yUc
- BEST FRIENDS FOREVER
- BEST FRIENDS FOREVER
- How to Be Good at Managing Both Introverts and Extroverts – http://buff.ly/1NaypRT /via
- I really liked Present! by
@kecatlin and @poornima – up-vote on product hunt here http://buff.ly/1lw2Zix but more importantly – buy it! 🙂
- Top 10 Ways Managers Can Retain Technical Women – http://buff.ly/1R969F9 /via
- “Will you be my friend?” Wait hedgie I will be your friend!!! Please love me!!!!!
- “We should be doing something with our good fortune… that changes the world in some meaningful way.” ~
- Haha right on
@b0rk – “everything on a computer does in fact happen for a logical reason” – http://buff.ly/1NeKBp4
- Love this by
@webmeadow “I’m not just giving myself permission, but a mandate: do more of what you love. Dive deep.” http://buff.ly/1Ywyw28
@DianeKerstein: Hint: It’s hard to find women when they don’t want anything to do with you.
- Like a monochrome raccoon
- This is ILLUMINATING – Locked doors, headaches, and intellectual need – http://buff.ly/1OjneLQ /via
@callmewuest /by @maxkreminski
- Cutest hedgie!!! Petunia!!! I also like socks. And firemen. We have SO MUCH IN COMMON.
- “what it takes to get the job is not just different from, but also the reverse of, what it takes to do the job well” http://buff.ly/1PdUF3V
- “I think you are awesome. That’s my advice: put the people who bring you down, in the bin.” ~
- omg adorbz ADORBZ
@neshathewicked: 1. have u seen a teenage penguin 2. have u ever seen anything more extremely a teenager in ur life
@thepastrybox: Support women-authored tech books this holiday season. @lara_hogan on @thepastrybox: https://the-pastry-box-project.net/lara-hogan/2015-December-4 …
- Omg I love this – a generated relgious text – The Holy Fear – http://buff.ly/1lCXTBd /by
@kellegous /via @moishel
- There are a handful of white men who write about diversity in a way that doesn’t fill me with rage.
@bryce is one. http://buff.ly/1PG7ofT
- Lessons Learned from 6 Years of Working in My Pajamas – http://buff.ly/1YwTYUN /via
@anarcharaccoon: Arise, you have nothing to lose but your barbed wire fences!
- Case study in terrible interviewing: combative, and a terrible question. http://buff.ly/1MH1qaJ /by
@megkierstead /via @trodrigues
- I feel like this raccoon today. Plan to divide my time between drinking iced tea and woooooorking