Came back to the UK for <48 hours just because I needed a gym and a washing machine, which made me vastly less stressed! Then went to NYC for 3 nights, where I got to catch up with some friends and drank lots of iced tea. Made it back to the UK for the weekend. Was contemplating a little trip somewhere but I have so much to do I will just stay put for 9 days (!!) and work and work out.
Meetings! Good things are happening.
Watching The Good Wife, and Melissa and Joey season 3. Finished Present, and back to reading Elements of User On-Boarding. Read The Someday Jar, Maybe in Another Life, and If I Could Turn Back Time.
Product links Amazon.
- The #NotAllMen Project
- Mobile is a Systems Problem
- #Øredev14: Dan North – Deliberate Advice from an Accidental Career
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On the Internet
@ShowAndHide: Fall in Berlin
@catehstn: Lived in Canada for 4 years, never saw a moose. This was also news to me.
- Great advice from
@ellenchisa – Giving Gendered Communication Feedback http://buff.ly/1FshZal
- I love love love this post from
@skamille on her process for writing a talk. So much thinking. So much time. http://buff.ly/1MAZxfi
@thinkbri: SOMEONE PRINTED COVERS FOR A FAKE SELF HELP BOOK AND PUT IT ON THE SHELF AT THE BOOK STORE I CANT BREATHE
- So useful, from
@petewarden – How to Talk to Journalists – http://buff.ly/1P1seVe @sweatpantspapi: [vid] Let’s all just look at this
@anarcharaccoon: Without money, we’d all be rich.
- Wow, People on Fox News Sure Seem to Respect Women a Lot – (this filled me with rage, thanks
@dontgetcaught!) – http://buff.ly/1LgSyuP
@FotoVerite: So I wrote about @jsconf community and the future. https://medium.com/@fotoverite/the-why-of-jsconf-f650f8926a73 …
- Never utilize a raccoon. They don’t like it.
- “scientific research is only so much help in deciding which rules to follow” http://buff.ly/1iF3hSF
- Awwh – Watch This Trans Teenager Find Out She Can Finally Begin Hormone Therapy http://buff.ly/1WuRohc
@anarcharaccoon: Our hope is with the hopeless.
- So grateful
@geekygirlsarah wrote this, we can all learn from it – Life, Gender, and the Pursuit of Happiness – http://buff.ly/1JC76hh
- Knew this would be a Famous Speech Friday! Viola Davis at the 2015 Emmy Awards http://buff.ly/1YLxrEZ /by
- How Not to Be a Networking Leech: Tips for Seeking Professional Advice – http://buff.ly/1iJCmoT
@childishtrap: Saw this on tumblr and I think it’s important
- “Women’s issues, I dutifully called the results of their juvenile tantrums masquerading as acceptable adult behavior” http://buff.ly/1MFFtIQ
- So interesting – Times have changed — going after dollars vs minutes – http://buff.ly/1FHMQja /by
@sarahtavel /via @triketora
- Love this from
@roidrage, Mathias is so wise – Taking Care of Business, Taking Care of Yourself – http://buff.ly/1L3Mu6N
@mattrose: The elusive, fierce Snow Leopard at the @TorontoZooPics
- This raccoon is much better at dancing than I am – http://buff.ly/1N0oeov /via
@trodrigues and @wndxlori
@BBY_BAT: october looks
@ShowAndHide: “Protect yo heart” #showandhide
- Interesting article on eng effectiveness by
@peterseibel – Let a 1,000 flowers bloom. Then rip 999 out by the roots. http://buff.ly/1L3PjoB
- You can’t be emotionally all in on everything. You can’t make another 24 hours appear to be “present” for everythin… http://buff.ly/1RfL3Dh
- Discovered the existence of the “watermelon stereotype” which is just… Completely bizarre. And extremely offensive. http://buff.ly/1MFV1fA
@notcliona: Stop getting mad at us when we say we don’t trust self proclaimed nice guys
@everywhereist: [vid] Weekend goals, y’all. http://i.imgur.com/VvFsPPp.gifv
- This is really good – The First Step in Hard Conversations – http://buff.ly/1Rg0Hi0 /by
@skamille is so wise – Notes on Startup Engineering Management for Young Bloods – http://buff.ly/1P9WVaW