Came back to the UK for <48 hours just because I needed a gym and a washing machine, which made me vastly less stressed! Then went to NYC for 3 nights, where I got to catch up with some friends and drank lots of iced tea. Made it back to the UK for the weekend. Was contemplating a little trip somewhere but I have so much to do I will just stay put for 9 days (!!) and work and work out.
Meetings! Good things are happening.
Product links Amazon.
- The #NotAllMen Project
- Mobile is a Systems Problem
- #Øredev14: Dan North – Deliberate Advice from an Accidental Career
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On the Internet
@ShowAndHide: Fall in Berlin
@catehstn: Lived in Canada for 4 years, never saw a moose. This was also news to me.
- Great advice from
@ellenchisa – Giving Gendered Communication Feedback http://buff.ly/1FshZal
- I love love love this post from
@skamille on her process for writing a talk. So much thinking. So much time. http://buff.ly/1MAZxfi
@thinkbri: SOMEONE PRINTED COVERS FOR A FAKE SELF HELP BOOK AND PUT IT ON THE SHELF AT THE BOOK STORE I CANT BREATHE
- So useful, from
@petewarden – How to Talk to Journalists – http://buff.ly/1P1seVe @sweatpantspapi: [vid] Let’s all just look at this
@anarcharaccoon: Without money, we’d all be rich.
- Wow, People on Fox News Sure Seem to Respect Women a Lot – (this filled me with rage, thanks
@dontgetcaught!) – http://buff.ly/1LgSyuP
@FotoVerite: So I wrote about @jsconf community and the future. https://medium.com/@fotoverite/the-why-of-jsconf-f650f8926a73 …
- Never utilize a raccoon. They don’t like it.
- “scientific research is only so much help in deciding which rules to follow” http://buff.ly/1iF3hSF
- Awwh – Watch This Trans Teenager Find Out She Can Finally Begin Hormone Therapy http://buff.ly/1WuRohc
@anarcharaccoon: Our hope is with the hopeless.
- So grateful
@geekygirlsarah wrote this, we can all learn from it – Life, Gender, and the Pursuit of Happiness – http://buff.ly/1JC76hh
- Knew this would be a Famous Speech Friday! Viola Davis at the 2015 Emmy Awards http://buff.ly/1YLxrEZ /by
- How Not to Be a Networking Leech: Tips for Seeking Professional Advice – http://buff.ly/1iJCmoT
@childishtrap: Saw this on tumblr and I think it’s important
- “Women’s issues, I dutifully called the results of their juvenile tantrums masquerading as acceptable adult behavior” http://buff.ly/1MFFtIQ
- So interesting – Times have changed — going after dollars vs minutes – http://buff.ly/1FHMQja /by
@sarahtavel /via @triketora
- Love this from
@roidrage, Mathias is so wise – Taking Care of Business, Taking Care of Yourself – http://buff.ly/1L3Mu6N
- This raccoon is much better at dancing than I am – http://buff.ly/1N0oeov /via
@trodrigues and @wndxlori
@BBY_BAT: october looks
- Interesting article on eng effectiveness by
@peterseibel – Let a 1,000 flowers bloom. Then rip 999 out by the roots. http://buff.ly/1L3PjoB
- You can’t be emotionally all in on everything. You can’t make another 24 hours appear to be “present” for everythin… http://buff.ly/1RfL3Dh
- Discovered the existence of the “watermelon stereotype” which is just… Completely bizarre. And extremely offensive. http://buff.ly/1MFV1fA
@notcliona: Stop getting mad at us when we say we don’t trust self proclaimed nice guys
- This is really good – The First Step in Hard Conversations – http://buff.ly/1Rg0Hi0 /by
@skamille is so wise – Notes on Startup Engineering Management for Young Bloods – http://buff.ly/1P9WVaW