Took the personality test at 16 personalities, the quote it came back with for me was “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” (Helen Keller) which I love.
Trying to sort out my travel for August – first I had to cancel my trip to Tunisia because of the travel warning, and then I’ll be in the US and haven’t quite figured out where to go between Denver and NYC. Then I have my next trip (Canada and Berlin) roughly figured out but I need to book everything,
Went shopping for the first time in ages! Since I decided to leave my job I’ve mostly just picked up necessities and travel souvenirs. I finally have a fall jacket that isn’t branded by the Conglomerate, which is exciting. And a carry-on. I replaced my black leather boots which were falling apart, and got a new handbag. I am ready for fall!
Super busy right now. Two client projects happening, plus trying to move forward on Show and Hide (we’ve been doing a complete UI refresh which is nearly done) and we have the workshop coming up. I have so many talks scheduled, too, the next couple of months are going to be stressful.
Also moderating my first panel! So I’ve been doing calls with all the panelists to figure out what that is going to look like… exciting.
For the last couple of weeks I’ve been getting some admin help which has made a big difference – much more on top of some things!
Product Links Amazon.
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On the Internet
- Worth reading by
@cmwalla – Let’s Get Real About Startups And Mental Health – http://buff.ly/1DhRnYc /via @NatDudley
- “The complexity that we wrestle with is complexity that we introduced ourselves” – http://buff.ly/1DgTAU7 /via
- 1) fascinating 2) must see it! The Most Important Movie of 2015 Is a VR Cartoon About a Hedgehog http://buff.ly/1MDPbgT /via
- This so much this, ties a bunch of manipulations together – The Passion Gospel – http://buff.ly/1MC92w1 /via
- “one out of every 15 engineering managers received formal management training prior to becoming a manager.” http://buff.ly/1VTJE95
- SO AGREE – If you think women in tech is just a pipeline problem, you haven’t been paying attention – http://buff.ly/1DhGy8Q
- Matching 100K available, contribute if you can! Support Funding Diverse Startup Founders – http://buff.ly/1MDuxfY
- Cat yoga – http://buff.ly/1DmDkAO
- I like this – “Be Unfailingly Kind” http://buff.ly/1Hn0PVo /by
- Step 1: find somewhere to live Step 2: acquire hedgehog Step 3: obtain half-priced glowforge http://buff.ly/1N5zUmb Step 4: Instagram fame!!
- This raccoon is my patronus
- Great response to my post on industry conferences and funding by
@handee – Academic conferences. Who pays? http://buff.ly/1MRu224
- Read this whole thread by
@sarahmei on diversifying teams (scroll up) http://buff.ly/1Usmcy9
@anarcharaccoon: “If you stop struggling then you stop life.”
- Oh good
@christi3k made a storify https://storify.com/christi3k/yesterday-i-started-talking-about-why-i-m-leaving- … Welcome to the @tableflipclub!
- Love this – Let’s Talk About a Revolution for Women’s Fitness – http://buff.ly/1W7Z49S
- Awwh raccoons – http://buff.ly/1IUyNWQ /via