Had a headache for the whole week which sucked, but actually had a social life which was nice. Spent the weekend near Bristol for a wedding which was actually great.
Busy and under pressure. Spent a day getting on top of financial and organisational stuff, which I hope will pay off. I hadn’t been using Trello that effectively, but I’ve assembled a new system that I’m hopeful about.
Dinner in Leamington Spa at Sabai Sabai.
In Bristol for a wedding, staying at the Alveston House Hotel. I wasn’t a big fan of it because it’s kinda inconvenient like a tiny hotel (e.g. no all night receptionist) but bland and expensive like a chain (the room – and I’d booked a premium one! – was small and generic and breakfast was 15 GBP). Meh.
Finishing Hart of Dixie (season 4) – so cute, and still watching Modern Family Season 6, and started re-watching Ally McBeal. Finished The Way Back Home and read The Knockoff (loved it!) and started the Lynburn Legacy books (first was a gift from a friend, but now I am hooked), reading Mental Traps.
Product links Amazon.
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On the Internet
- Beautiful tribute from
@dontgetcaught to her sister – http://buff.ly/1THh4Wi
- lol – Seagull takes GoPro camera – http://buff.ly/1fcYs1i
- Great interview with the fabulous
@cmwalla – “Failure in This One Case Didn’t Make Me a Failure” – http://buff.ly/1J6HUnH
- Interesting – 70% of Time Could Be Used Better – How the Best CEOs Get the Most Out of Every Day – http://buff.ly/1LuLsQQ /via
@anarcharaccoon: If I had a hammer, I would smash the patriarchy.
- Baby Wombat! So cute! http://buff.ly/1VgWYUL /via
- Wow – Dear Amazon interns, some advice from an old man who has been at Amazon way too long. – http://buff.ly/1e8UlSX
- Terrifying – Why You Truly Never Leave High School – http://buff.ly/1e95wLA /via
- Everything Is Yours, Everything Is Not Yours – http://buff.ly/1OooSJD by the incredible
@danshapiro: Thanks for the kind words in this @BBC piece about sexism in tech, @ericbarton. http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20150720-goodbye-sexist-office …
- Oh these raccoons!!! Much adorable https://twitter.com/manekinekonyank/status/622629734095065088 … /via
@beerops layIng it down – On Being a Woman in ________ – http://buff.ly/1J9ILnQ
@anarcharaccoon: We lead no followers and follow no leaders.
- This is insightful from
@betsythemuffin – The Life Cycle of Programming Languages – http://buff.ly/1VhKpIG
- I like this on effective code reviews – Death to the rubber stamp! http://buff.ly/1fXA4Sj /by
@amygdalama /via @DanielleSucher
- One of the best intros to OCMock I’ve read – How To Write Unit Tests Like a Brood Parasite – http://buff.ly/1RJ2AI1 /by
- So inspired by this blogpost on life after leaving tech – No Going Back – http://buff.ly/1Moecws
@anarcharaccoon: For community, against society.
- Ever helpful and applicable from
@dontgetcaught – #publicspeaking advice? Shade? Or a virtual “shut up”? http://buff.ly/1LCWipE
- “I.. wanted to be happier.. in order to achieve that, I had to become someone I’ve always looked down on: a quitter.” http://buff.ly/1RZ5KYb
- Lots of great points in here! Advice for Women Entering the Tech Industry – http://buff.ly/1S4jwZQ