Last days in Croatia which was amazing. Met up with someone From The Internet which was fun! Did a bit of shopping etc. I need to go back again for a longer trip. One awesome thing that happened: I was in an art gallery of amazing paintings that are painted on glass, layer by layer. The woman said I was the first person to come in and spend a long time gazing at the art, and that she wanted to give me a present. She gave me a beautiful coffee table book.
Back in the UK I am back to my hermit-like existence of working and working out.
Lots to do! Just cracking on and doing it. My personal projects pretty much ended up on hold in June because I had so much client work on, trying to get back to them. There are too many things right now within sight of shipping… but not shipped.
The good news is: when I launched the workshop I set a revenue goal that would make it a worthwhile experiment, and it hit that this week. An anonymous benefactor sponsored some copies for students/underemployed, and the last one of those was given away.
I’m speaking at iOS Dev Camp DC.
Product Links Amazon.
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On the Internet
@anarcharaccoon: Let’s make it better.
@trodrigues: IT’S A KITTEN AND AN OWL! A KITTEN AND AN OWL! https://twitter.com/hukuloucoffee/status/615401599494586368 … https://twitter.com/hukuloucoffee/status/612883935593299968 … (via @cheshster)
- This is good – Life is Easier When You Take the Stairs – http://buff.ly/1Lynk00 /via
- Some solid tips here – How To Be A Good Person On An Airplane – http://buff.ly/1CGOOtm /via
- Salt Soap — http://buff.ly/1LAcreb /via
@MJB_SF: As promised, my advice to Vivek Wadhwa from March: https://medium.com/telling-it-like-it-is/an-open-letter-to-vivek-wadhwa-52aff9d164a1 …
- Buffer made a Diversity Dashboard, it’s actually pretty good (and interesting!) – http://diversity.buffer.com/ /via
- Ooh so exciting, backed it! – Superfit Hero – Size Inclusive High Performance Leggings – http://buff.ly/1LI91ad
@cupcait: ~the “leaky pipe” is not just about [white] women~ we need to do better.
@anarcharaccoon: Nothing you can buy will set you free.
@shanley: An Open Letter On the State of Women of Color in Tech, from @wocintech. Please read & RT. https://modelviewculture.com/news/an-open-letter-on-the-state-of-women-of-color-in-technology …
@pennyherscher: Finally realized @Uber is not the safest option http://pennyherscher.blogspot.com/2015/07/when-uber-made-me-think-about-terrorism.html …
@karsh: Tech companies: “Oh, we’re going to do better with diversity because this is a big problem!” Meanwhile…
- Stop Acting So Surprised: How Microaggressions Enforce Stereotypes in Tech – http://buff.ly/1NA5A2Q /via
- Crikey – 21 Surprising Facts About Billionaire Entrepreneur Elizabeth Holmes – http://buff.ly/1LLgkhm /via
- Fascinating from
@buritica – Colombian startups don’t have an engineering deficit. Really, they don’t. – http://buff.ly/1NAD0iJ