Taking a break! Went off to Easter Island where there was Little Internet. I could exchange messages, but couldn’t really load web pages. So I limited myself to posting one picture a day and disconnected a bit. It was so good for me. Then spent a night at Santiago airport, and arrived in Rio. One of my friends was supposed to join me but didn’t know she needed a visa so wasn’t allowed on the plane, which has been a bit rubbish.
Honestly feeling ready to be a bit boring for a while after all this rushing about! But also feeling very creatively recharged and productive.
Light week, mostly disconnected. But being offline made me focus and allowed me to make some significant progress on a project that I’d been stalling on, and I’m approaching a milestone with it which is awesome.
The Technically Speaking 6monthiversary continues. It’s going really well. I’m super excited and happy about it.
Reading Essentialism, and read a bunch of novels – mostly super frothy ones – The Frog Prince, Meet and Delete, My So-Called (Love) Life, Creature Comforts (I kinda like her books – they’re like fairy tales for adults), and now on this Dating Mr Darcy series.
Product Links Amazon.
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On the Internet
- I love the transparency and the process itself here from
@glowforge – A Different Kind of Job Offer – http://buff.ly/1EaaPB5
- SO EXCITED TO SEE THESE – The Easter Island heads also have BODIES – http://buff.ly/1dQrNhI /via
- Turns out programmers are a lot like racecars. Bad ones, anyway (storify of the many hilarious responses to this) http://buff.ly/1PtjwMa
- This is a helpful idea – Why It’s a Bad Idea to “Interview for Pain.” – http://buff.ly/1cjavJv
- So true on many appalling people being highly motivated and productive, what that means post burnout – http://buff.ly/1dNjgvO /by
@jessiechar‘s talk at @nsconf about words and their importance was fantastic – worth watching – http://buff.ly/1Igfer1
- Love this infographic on authors and when they published their breakthrough book – http://buff.ly/1PoMU6l /via
- This is helpful by
@Eva_Bec – How to Juggle paid work while Running a Startup – http://buff.ly/1EdPGWM
- This is good on crafting inclusive job descriptions – http://buff.ly/1H4j8Vg
- This is lovely, hopefully I can make it to the Venice Biennale if not Tuvalu this year! – http://buff.ly/1F86XXf /via
- On culture
@slackHQ “our industry has for decades been directed and built by a mostly homogenous group” http://buff.ly/1cJ3q5e /v @EricaJoy
- This is really important and you should read it – How To Not Alienate Your Only Black Employee – http://buff.ly/1G01gtl /via
- This made me super happy and
@elaconf sounds like it will be a great event! http://buff.ly/1KbHsW8
- Reminded why I don’t use stack overflow. A fucking crash course in undermining and “The Unreasonable” http://meta.stackexchange.com/questions/256254/sexism-in-conversation-moderation-or-why-wasnt-i-suspended …
One reply on “This Week”
This Week – disconnected edition – http://t.co/I8XEDAOGtq