Last week in Bogota, so I took a couple of days to do some final exploring, and then caught a flight to Santiago.
Bit wrung out after the previous week, which was Intense and ended with a breakup. Trying to be kind to myself and just go to the gym when I want to cry… although twisting my ankle – twice – didn’t really help with that plan!
Caught up with friends, one of whom agreed to run away to Rio with me which is exciting. Realised I had mostly made flippant remarks about South America but a big part of why I came was was wanting to escape from tech industry bullshit. So even though it is a little lonely, and arriving alone in a new place is a bit overwhelming I’m trying to remember that. And to stay present rather than worrying about where I’m going to go in June!
Finished up an article which is coming out next week, shipped a new build on iOS and a bunch of client stuff. Need to figure out how to balance that with getting my own stuff done!
All links Amazon.
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On The Internet
- Love that
@fronx shared this – That thing where I started wearing eye makeup – http://buff.ly/1ax6eAg
- “When you design a product without understanding how it will be used for evil, you are designing poorly.” http://buff.ly/1D8yfWc
@pilky prescribes hedgehogs for this mornings angsting: http://newtonandnoss.com/hedgehogs/babyhedgehog.jpg …
- Everyone needs to read this post by
@radiomorillo but especially white women. It’s important – http://buff.ly/1yJ9xQS
- Such a great AMA with the fabulous
@skamille – http://buff.ly/1JNwuDb /via @jewelia
- So true on how hard teaching is, and building a double act – love this – What Car Talk taught me about teaching – http://buff.ly/1NS3HTI
- Oh this kitty http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dR2qrkg1N4E/T9EjwAEzsoI/AAAAAAAAC3o/fm_Upn0AGtU/s400/cat-waking-up-gif.gif … /via
- This bunny is so musical http://media.giphy.com/media/PuRxqEUEqHVEA/giphy.gif … /via
- “Hidden inside that “full-stack employee” manifesto is the idea that tech equals work and work equals life.” – http://buff.ly/1Oqkpoq
- Love this: “Behind every great woman is a horde of even greater women who are smart, supportive, honest, and badass.” http://buff.ly/1QajLPp
- “I asked if any of them had worked with an HR person they thought was really helpful.” Answer? No: http://buff.ly/1yLhViC /by
- As a completionist I adore this – Why Saying This Four-Letter Word Can Transform Your Productivity – http://buff.ly/1blfAAL /via
@aliciatweet tells it like it is – You don’t have Impostor Syndrome – http://buff.ly/1DuYaaK
- Super useful from
@kronda – How I Learned to Run a Successful Web Business – http://buff.ly/1D77S2l
- So true, my first lesson when I went indie too – Women need to stop giving away their services – http://buff.ly/1DxX7XA
- Why the ‘position gap’ is more important than the wage gap for women in tech http://buff.ly/1E6pjFE /via
- My fabulous friend Julie left google and is looking for something new – http://juliepagano.com/blog/2015/04/23/for-a-limited-time-only-looking-for-work/ … (Y’all should definitely try and hire her)
- I find a new hedgehog on the internet. I fall in love. The hedgehog dies. </3 https://instagram.com/biddythehedgehog/ …
- From 2012 and still – sadly – relevent and worth reading – I was a Teenage Sexist – http://buff.ly/1OBYSsR /via
- Quitting as a Productivity Tactic – http://buff.ly/1EvqSiw
- The Cult of Work You Never Meant to Join — http://buff.ly/1OQ4boH /via