Was sick for a few days – I knew I needed a break but I had been planning on taking it when I got to Mendellin. I guess if you really need one, your body will take one! Stopped off for a night at Toronto airport, where I got to meet a twitter friend IRL for sushi, which was awesome. One of my friends came to Heathrow to hang out with me too, which was awesome. Got bumped up to business class from LHR to YYZ which was amazing… I have missed business class!
And after 2 days and 3 flights, I finally arrived in Mendellin, Colombia, where I’ve been exploring. I’m working on improving my Spanish! I took a tiny bit in high school and when people don’t speak English… well you figure it out.
Light week! Still working through feedback on my workshop, really happy to see how many people want something like this! And some other things are starting to progress, which is good.
Really looking forward to some time to focus when I get to Bogota. I want to get Android moving forward again! I feel like I have had very little time for Deep Work all through March, and whilst I can do an hour of iOS and make progress, I’m still sufficiently intimidated by Android that I like to have a large block of time to work on it.
Taking a bit of a break from Gossip Girl – had got so dramatic I was starting to tire of it. I’ll pick it up again soon! Finished Thinking in Systems (great), and The Sleep Book (helpful), read I’ll Take New York (soppy), Love Rules (bittersweet), and just started Home Truths.
Product links Amazon.
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On The Internet
- Awwh wombats SO CUTE – http://buff.ly/1xetRbH /via
- So good:
@mediagyrl‘s thought provoking piece on biggest financial lesson, learned in foster care http://buff.ly/190lipT /via @ThisTechGirl
- Really appreciated this from
@biochembelle on why exercise is so important to her – me too – http://buff.ly/1HNa97k
- So true – The Idea Person – http://buff.ly/1ICmQCI /via
- This comic. So sad. So poignant. http://buff.ly/1H5Y6Ss /via
- Love this interview with
@lara_hogan – The Ticking Clock: An Etsy Engineering Manager Describes Tech Culture – http://buff.ly/1NmNClx
- “We call it being busy. But we all know what we’re really being is flaky.” http://buff.ly/1IGF4TJ /via
- Startup Lockdown sounds fascinating. I’m really glad
@ellenchisa shared her lessons learned doing it – http://buff.ly/1OMFTPg
- The resume gap: Gender differences lead to tech’s poor diversity – http://buff.ly/1BTn0Qh /via
- I like this by
@felsull on side hustles – http://buff.ly/1Dfwr3P
- This was interesting – TED on the initial reaction to
@MonicaLewinsky‘s TED talk, and how they dealt with it – http://buff.ly/1HVw1kd
- Cool! 18 Incredible Places You Won’t Believe Are Actually In London http://buff.ly/1Ntiyi6 /via
- Love this essay on how there are no default clothing choices for women – http://buff.ly/1xsbjEY /by
@debcha /via @skinny
- On the way stories about boys are for everyone, but stories about girls only for girls – http://buff.ly/1BK2uD7 /via
- This kitty looks so relaxed! http://buff.ly/1NAObbr
- This is such a great idea – Thirty Percent Feedback – http://buff.ly/1ORcJyn /via
- This is helpful from
@felsull – 5 tips for freelancers – http://buff.ly/1EDxF92
- This is great – Turn Your Startup’s Shortcomings into the Reasons Your Customers Love You – http://buff.ly/1xI7EmI /by