Started the week in Berlin, now in Malta and in between I was in Amsterdam… so kinda life? What life? this week. Been pretty hectic, and some drama that I could have done without with (in the way there often seems to be when you’re at the edge of your tether). Got to meet up with a twitter friend IRL, which was awesome. Was really hard to leave Berlin… but I’ll be back.
Gave a workshop – my first ever – and wow it was a lot of work. But so far the feedback has been good, which is great. I also gave a talk, which also seems to have gone OK. Completely exhausting though! I barely saw any other talks at the conference and left completely wrecked.
In Berlin, went to Roamers and Tabibito one final time… and checked out Shiso Burger which was awesome, and had desert at Zur Rose.
Also picked up my favourite sandwich at Frankfurt airport… and nearly missed the plane as a result.
Watching Gossip Girl. Finished Hot Seat (totally loved it), and also Women in IT, How to Invest Your Time Like Money. Now reading The Sleep Book (it’s a 5 week plan so I expect to just read a section each week for the next 5 weeks), and Thinking in Systems. Not much time for novels this week! Re-reading The Gift.
Product links Amazon.
- Things I Love About Berlin
- Four Reasons Unit Testing Needn’t Be That Time-Consuming
- Book: Women in IT: Inspiring the next generation
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On The Internet
- Awwh this kitten loves reading as much as I do – http://buff.ly/1DIZlq1
- So great – Your Career in Computer Programming – http://buff.ly/1E7uyFS /via
- Love this, <3 the private moon – “Flight under the tree” http://buff.ly/1wCZ8oB
- So great – Project BQ: Training the muscle between my ears
- Love this – “The Way We Live Our Days, What We Do at 10 A.M., Really Is the Way We Live Our Lives” http://buff.ly/1Cwt9Iz
- This paper is well worth reading – White Fragility – http://buff.ly/1B7d0aw /via
- Will I ever learn? https://twitter.com/catehstn/status/342090072461557760 …
- “Feel like you’re drowning in emails and to-do lists? Relax – it’s all in the mind” http://buff.ly/1aQPzbK
- I like this by
@ashsmash – I need a hero – http://buff.ly/1NqOBC1
- Very much indicative of thinking hiring women enough, should be grateful and not expect to be treated equitably. https://twitter.com/ebekiel/status/573627588708446208 …
- Wow – Ellen Pao Lawsuit: Investigator Hirschfeld Takes the Stand http://recode.net/2015/03/06/women-outperformed-men-and-a-sexual-predator-was-on-the-loose-kleiner-perkins-investigator-opens-up/ …
- How IBM attracts, promotes and keeps women in tech – http://buff.ly/17YsFxt /via