Started the week in Berlin, now in Malta and in between I was in Amsterdam… so kinda life? What life? this week. Been pretty hectic, and some drama that I could have done without with (in the way there often seems to be when you’re at the edge of your tether). Got to meet up with a twitter friend IRL, which was awesome. Was really hard to leave Berlin… but I’ll be back.
Gave a workshop – my first ever – and wow it was a lot of work. But so far the feedback has been good, which is great. I also gave a talk, which also seems to have gone OK. Completely exhausting though! I barely saw any other talks at the conference and left completely wrecked.
Also picked up my favourite sandwich at Frankfurt airport… and nearly missed the plane as a result.
Watching Gossip Girl. Finished Hot Seat (totally loved it), and also Women in IT, How to Invest Your Time Like Money. Now reading The Sleep Book (it’s a 5 week plan so I expect to just read a section each week for the next 5 weeks), and Thinking in Systems. Not much time for novels this week! Re-reading The Gift.
Product links Amazon.
- Things I Love About Berlin
- Four Reasons Unit Testing Needn’t Be That Time-Consuming
- Book: Women in IT: Inspiring the next generation
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On The Internet
- Awwh this kitten loves reading as much as I do – http://buff.ly/1DIZlq1
- So great – Your Career in Computer Programming – http://buff.ly/1E7uyFS /via
- Love this, <3 the private moon – “Flight under the tree” http://buff.ly/1wCZ8oB
- So great – Project BQ: Training the muscle between my ears
- Love this – “The Way We Live Our Days, What We Do at 10 A.M., Really Is the Way We Live Our Lives” http://buff.ly/1Cwt9Iz
- This paper is well worth reading – White Fragility – http://buff.ly/1B7d0aw /via
- Will I ever learn? https://twitter.com/catehstn/status/342090072461557760 …
- “Feel like you’re drowning in emails and to-do lists? Relax – it’s all in the mind” http://buff.ly/1aQPzbK
- I like this by
@ashsmash – I need a hero – http://buff.ly/1NqOBC1
- Very much indicative of thinking hiring women enough, should be grateful and not expect to be treated equitably. https://twitter.com/ebekiel/status/573627588708446208 …
- Wow – Ellen Pao Lawsuit: Investigator Hirschfeld Takes the Stand http://recode.net/2015/03/06/women-outperformed-men-and-a-sexual-predator-was-on-the-loose-kleiner-perkins-investigator-opens-up/ …
- How IBM attracts, promotes and keeps women in tech – http://buff.ly/17YsFxt /via