Hanging out with my Oredev lady posse – Danielle, Caitie, Chiu-Ki – which was awesome. And also got to briefly hang out with another friend at the airport for 10 mins, as she was on her way out of Sweden and I was on my way into it!
Good tech conferences pass the Huston Test every day – and this one did. We supported each other before each talk, and I will be sad when I have to power pose alone before my next talk, in the bathroom. The best power poses are at the front of the room in a group, ideally accompanied by a sound track (Roar! By Katy Perry)
Had a great time in Copenhagen and Malmo. This conference treated the speakers so, so well.
Mostly conference this week, bit of writing stuff (please let the end be in sight, please). Working on my delegating. Looking forward to some peace and quiet next week and being able to focus on writing code!
In a fit of inspiration, I refreshed my Distractedly Intimate talk to contain a preview of my next mobile talk, titled “Mobile is a Systems Problem”. I think the new one will make it’s debut when I speak in Romania at the end of this month.
Also @chiuki and I launched our newsletter Technically Speaking. Which was popular beyond our wildest imaginings so we (mostly me) spent a lot of time checking stats and exclaiming in amazement.
Finished Pioneer Programmer (which was great), now reading How To Deliver a TED Talk (interesting, making me think so far).
My friend @chiuki and I started a newsletter about public speaking in the tech industry, and sent out our first edition!
On The Internet
- Interesting on building a relationship before you give “constructive” feedback – http://buff.ly/1rCKch2 /via
@nkkl on Wearables – We could be so much more — http://buff.ly/1tsdMKg
- Thought provoking as ever from
@zoesqwilliams on the extortionate price of some “happy memories” – http://buff.ly/1t3v3G2
- This is an incredible reddit story – and positive! http://buff.ly/1yPxvoY /via
- Awwh kitty in a hoodie! http://buff.ly/1GgtcYL
- Fascinating and inspiring on study hacks – Doing What it Takes Versus Taking What You Already Know How to Do http://buff.ly/1GjYxtB
- Why the CS diversity numbers may just be a blip, and will fall again (hint:pipeline) – http://buff.ly/1A34uKI /via
@kelseyinnis /by @guzdial
- Data comparison on fundraising rates, clear to me why women much more likely to bootstrap http://buff.ly/1t6rC17 /by
- This is quite a story about suspecting you having a murderer in the family – http://buff.ly/1x2bcuP /via
- Beautiful. Heartbreaking. True. Isolation, loneliness, constant threat, (I felt like that too). http://buff.ly/1x5VGle thanks
@GoleudyHedgehog wearing a beanie. You’re welcome. pic.twitter.com/Klq9szpme4
@wseblen: Seen in the Google office: a physical backup of the early internet. pic.twitter.com/reK8kt7oj5
- This talk was amazing and hilarious! James Mickens
@oredev #oredev http://vimeo.com/111122950
- Thank you australia! (Cancelled visa of pickup artist aka professional misogynist) http://buff.ly/1tGKpnv
- “guys…get ahead on their looks—they look like authorities, like the kind of people who know how to build an…app” http://buff.ly/1wC2a9P
@DanielleSucher: @catehstn This made me think of your post on leaving tech. pic.twitter.com/i08cNp48ur
- FFS – Obnoxious incompetant white dude claims “he was fired, many times, because he hit “the diversity ceiling”” – http://buff.ly/1tJsbSg
- This woman recounting her OCK adventures is amazing – http://buff.ly/1EqNltk
- awwwh kittenz – http://buff.ly/10FSbUy
One reply on “This Week”
This Week – Conference Edition http://t.co/kVQ6tynzlI