Last frantic day in London, then some quiet time getting stuff done, and one relaxing day off! Then – to Copenhagen!
Meetings and catching up, or maybe it’s more like the last couple of weeks of rushing around is catching up with me. Didn’t get as much done as I would have liked, but that is basically always true.
Finished Pioneer Programmer, but No Novel November approaches so mostly enjoying my last novels until December! Finished False Colours, read Faro’s Daugher, Foundling, Frederica, and Friday’s Child (I am working through alphabetically).
Product links Amazon.
- Live Tweeting My Own Talk
- Better Testing of View Controllers on iOS: Part 2
- #iOSDevUK – Sally Shepard: Beyond VoiceOver
On The Internet
- I keep reading these things in hope I will learn – 6 Ways to Make Getting Up Early Work for You http://buff.ly/1wjMzNh /via
- Omg such a fluffy cat – http://buff.ly/1sv8p94
- “But that’s what the internet is. If you’re not a member of the dominant demographic, you exist here at its pleasure” http://buff.ly/1td4Rw7
- “Telling women to be brave and speak up is telling them to face a violent horde unarmed.” – http://buff.ly/ZY3LJZ
- Interesting – How To Trigger Super-Momentum – http://buff.ly/1zEpBmv
- Really happy Beryl’s article “The Data on Diversity: It’s not just about being fair” finally available publically – http://buff.ly/1nMWOGT
- Wunderkind Syndrome – http://buff.ly/1oVzg3v /via
- Great slide deck on mobile and the tech industry, so many interesting data points! http://buff.ly/1xEnJog /via
- This is great, on the prevalence of alcohol in the tech at work and at events, something that has long bothered me – http://buff.ly/102aHWA
- Beautifully written article by
@kitchenettekat – The Invisible Minority of the Tech World – http://buff.ly/1sEwXfQ
- Oh this is handy – DESKOVER LONDON – Best free libraries and workspaces in London. http://buff.ly/ZYtn9N /via
- Amazon released their diversity numbers, but have not broken out tech http://smile.amazon.com/b/ref=tb_surl_diversity/?node=10080092011&sa-no-redirect=1 … – wonder if tech is even lower than
- 20 Things I’ve Learned As a Startup CEO http://buff.ly/1tNyJSw /via
- Informative and honest post on why A Code of Conduct Is Not Enough by
@zmagg & @hausdorff_space & @lindsey – http://buff.ly/1sFmFw5
- Love this – Mindy Kaling On Refusing To Be An Outsider And Sexism On Set – http://buff.ly/1rT6fkt /via
- Good tips on submitting panels to
@ghc by the awesome @triketora – http://buff.ly/1FWuQP4
- This is great, love the honesty, on hiring a VP eng and figuring out what to do as CTO http://buff.ly/1tT1T2F /via