Arrived back from Canada, so jetlagged! Spent a couple of days hiding away and coding, and then had a frantic few days in London. Great to catch up with some friends! Got to trade in my broken Jawbone and now I have a pink one – yay!
Meetings! Time with UX designer working on making the app pretty. Exciting!
Brunch and coworking at the Ace Hotel, I love the String Quartet at Hoi Polloi. Lunch at Ping Pong (BBQ pork buns!) and dinner at Dishoom, finally! I’ve been meaning to go forever, and also at Santore. Staying at the RE Hotel, not the best location but pretty comfortable and close enough, so I got a lot of walking in. Got to check out Shoreditch House – fancy!
Still working on Pioneer Programmer, but for light relief The Corinthian, A Civil Contact, Cotillion (probably my favourite of her books, just for the last couple of chapters), Cousin Kate, and now on False Colours. Back in the gym again – finally! So watching How I Met Your Mother Season 2. Background movies for coding: Bring it On, Wimbledon, The Princess Diaries 1 and 2, and She’s The Man.
Product links Amazon.
- Public Speaking as Performance
- It’s Not That Big a Deal
- #iOSDevUK: Jon Reid – Controlling Dependencies to Enable TDD
On The Internet
- Old but interesting – How to Kill Creativity – http://buff.ly/1CBbLgF /via
- How Everything We Tell Ourselves About How Busy We Are Is A Lie (2H10M of housework a day? Yikes) http://buff.ly/1CCN7wf /via
- “Why “but all my slides are pictures” isn’t a smart public speaking strategy” http://buff.ly/1rSoENg /by
- This is nice, on relaxing for it’s own sake – What I Learned on My Vacation http://buff.ly/1t1kDfV /via
- Hmm, I’m more FOMO than JOMO – The joy of missing out – http://buff.ly/1DpOf8G
- The most obnoxious but so cute – social justice kittens – http://buff.ly/1t2ETxz /via
- Good tips on sending cold emails – 6 Ways to Get Me to Email You Back – http://buff.ly/1CH8pce /via
- Finally go to reading this and it is BRILLIANT, thanks
@katelosse – The Myth of Magical Futures – http://buff.ly/1vyjDzH
- I wrote something about being an Angry Internet Feminist and 1000 tiny cuts – It’s Not That Big a Deal – http://buff.ly/1tKTgri
- 25 Famous Women on Childlessness — http://buff.ly/1yPOHgR
- Yikes, the on demand economy – http://buff.ly/1zjIxXA /via
- So happy to have helped
@KleimK bring this to London. London Ladies, sign up! ENIAC Documentary – European Premiere – http://buff.ly/1yoRZ7N
- Think I do this – So, do you start sentences with so? If so… http://buff.ly/1CWL720 /by
- So adorable, kitty in a hat – http://buff.ly/1tfURU9
- Interesting post from pinterest on increasing sign ups – http://buff.ly/1yZfAiw /via
- Great interview on popforms with the awesome
@lara_hogan http://buff.ly/1ymaY2N /via @katemats
- This is awesome, something depressing is named after me – Huston test – Geek Feminism Wiki – http://buff.ly/1sThCLW
- awwh awwh awwh so cute – http://buff.ly/1ypgUba /via
- I like this from
@triketora “When are you going to start your own company?” — http://buff.ly/1tgMGH1
- Tell me again that the main issue is “unconscious bias” – http://nym.ag/1oGsrCQ
- This is a beautiful Famous Speech Friday – 1994 lecture by Miep Gies, Anne Frank’s protector http://buff.ly/1ysY0Ag /via
- So adorable – Hedgehog Bath Time – http://buff.ly/ZJuYQH /via
- When Women Manage Men Who Don’t Respect Women – http://buff.ly/1z3yTqL /via
@dontgetcaught /by @rebekahposse
- Interesting take on why newer companies have lower diversity numbers – The Meritocracy Myth — Medium http://buff.ly/1wvP1yN /by