Hung out with friends, made it to the gym again – not as much as “usual” but a start. Still feeling a bit worn out but I think that is stress as much as anything else.
Sent off a draft of my book chapter again. Exciting! Eventually it will be the final draft, which is scary and awesome.
Saw The Commitments which was fun, although culturally appropriating (bunch of white people doing “Soul”) and somewhat sexist (what changes?). Went to the movies for the first time in ages and saw What If which I loved at least in part because it’s set in Canada. Read The Lies You Told Me which I really enjoyed, a little bit dark and gripping. Finished Gravitas, will post a review soon, and read It’s Not You: 27 (Wrong) Reasons You’re Single which I liked, short meditation on being single when the world tells you you should be part of a pair.
Product links Amazon.
Brunch at Cafe du Coin (meh), dinner at Addie’s Thai (yum), Kopapa (not quite as great as brunch was but still tasty), Da Mario (amazing pasta), and Sushino EN (wonderful, especially the spinach with sesame sauce), BBQ pork buns at Dragon Palace, desert at The Troubador Cafe,
- Things That Annoy Me When Reading Novels
- Female Entrepreneurship: Observations and Opportunities
- #ModevUX Design, Device, Delight
On The Internet
- “Failure of your company is not failure in life. Failure in your relationships is.” http://buff.ly/1t5CRec /by @ev
- Interesting on student app use, people are still looking for a magical productivity app – http://buff.ly/1kMuDXl /via @triketora
- ohhhh pandas <3 <3 <3 http://buff.ly/1lcwcy5
- Watched the Women of Station X video, so fascinating – http://buff.ly/1pybjg8
- This is sad but packed full of insight – Seven lessons I learned from the failure of my first startup, Dinnr – http://buff.ly/Vz167L
- From a while ago, and I think I tweeted it before, but still good on dialling down high pressured tech co existence – http://buff.ly/VCuFVN
- I love this, kitty in a bowl – http://buff.ly/VztDcQ
- @triketora: “Growing up” by https://medium.com/@jedmund/growing-up-d2bb5ff3f229?source=tw-552efa9e6b51-1408464535610 … Thanks for writing this, @jedmund.
- 9 Things Successful People Won’t Do – http://buff.ly/1leGOg4
- Interesting take from an Xoogler (ex-Google employee) – What it really means to have been a Googler — My POV – http://buff.ly/1uRxkKv
- “Fuck a culture that sacrifices women on the altar of men’s hurt feelings.” http://buff.ly/1tgUbwY
- @hedgehogdays: http://hedgehogblog.com/archives/2234
- Must read – a very different cop’s take on #Furgusonhttp://buff.ly/1tkxurQ
- I like this by @berkun on taking chances – Why Bad Odds Can Be Good http://buff.ly/1w824IK
- “the lady has foolishly tried to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own” http://buff.ly/YtM8Se / @dontgetcaught
- @grungerelic: I feel like all of you guys could use a pic of a bunny in sunnies pic.twitter.com/zvm5MspUUK
- I love @mindykaling‘s Harvard Law School’s Class Day speech, so glad it’s a Famous Speech Friday! http://buff.ly/1nhS06B /by @dontgetcaught
- This is good, on the wording you use in user-interfaces – http://buff.ly/1AASf4Z /via @NatDudley
- This is amazing, on the advice “do what you love”, some thoughts around it, and alternative advice. http://buff.ly/1nhWREO /via @juliepagano
- @anildash: Interesting that top ratings for “culture & values” are for companies with awful stats on inclusion & diversity: http://www.glassdoor.com/Top-Companies-for-Culture-and-Values-LST_KQ0,36.htm …
- @emily_skaja: Official Statue of Mansplaining. Class of 1950 Lecture Hall, Purdue. pic.twitter.com/I4PTwXzGsn
- Awesome, measuring the on call experience including HOW MUCH SLEEP WAS LOST. I love it. http://buff.ly/1wd46Y4 /via @mrtazz
- Fixing a Work Relationship Gone Sour – http://buff.ly/1AAVtoX /via @felsull
- This is helpful from @dontgetcaught: “So you liked my talk? Now what?” 8 ways to make the most of a speaking gig http://buff.ly/1uRwddZ
- @danshapiro: Remember when @ericaswallow wrote about summer in VC? Well, the VCs listened. Just kidding! They yelled at her. http://on.wsj.com/1BKfxqv