A friend from the US was over, and it was great to see her, and one of my other friends returned from months away, so we got to catch up (and plot!) which was awesome.
I still feel pretty energised, although I was pretty wrecked towards the end of the week but I actually took a vacation day (!!!) which was awesome. I worked out, and did non-work work (debugging my image filter app which I want to put up soon).
Trying something new where I do an hours writing before work, and go to the gym to chill out after work, which is working better than the other way around. I just need to be very focused on what is next, i.e. a blogpost that I’ve already thought about a bit, as I am not at my most creative right after I wake up!
Just hectic this week. Doing the least fun kinds of debugging. Had a presentation that I was really stressed about and didn’t feel good about after.
More hummus at Bill’s, I can’t believe I didn’t eat hummus for years (it tasted too nutty) and now I am obsessed with it. Dinner at Wagamama’s, Ping Pong, and Addie’s Thai. Brunch, and separately cake at the Troubador. Lunch at Dozo. Tea at Muriel’s kitchen.
I need to start venturing out more, I’m not exploring new places lately.
On The Internet
- Not surprising at all. Do men interrupt more than women? Yes, they do. http://buff.ly/1k2W3rQ and http://buff.ly/1k2W6ns /via @skamille
- Sigh. “11 Tricks to Get Engineers to Sort of Respect You” – http://buff.ly/1qSPkiv
- “it seems inevitable they will be made to feel so terrible that they quit an entire industry.” http://buff.ly/1pp0j2h /by @selenamarie
- LOL “I am also the only person who has been here since 11:20 a.m. eating unlimited mozzarella sticks.” http://buff.ly/1u3x8s3 v @JillWetzler
- 9 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started My Career – http://buff.ly/Uf7RuM /via @mypromotion
- I like this from @marcprecipice (Marc! I wish you would write more!) – Unlearning – http://buff.ly/Ui4EdY
- Love People, Not Pleasure – http://buff.ly/1nO9si5 /via @triketora
- This is good from @ellenchisa – Engineers: So your PM sucks? Here’s how to fix it. http://buff.ly/1yNb5Vw
- The Rise of the UX Torturer — http://buff.ly/1qW8m7A
- Those preferring a male boss cited not positive attributes of male leaders but negative attributes of female leaders. http://buff.ly/1sFFSDk
- This. We need to talk about this. Leaving Toxic Open Source Communities – http://buff.ly/1sGNXaE
- Dreaming of running away, and here is a handy guide – The Cheapest Places to Live in the World – http://buff.ly/WyZ3kI /cc @yuelinX
- Good too see @twitter releasing their diversity data! https://blog.twitter.com/2014/building-a-twitter-we-can-be-proud-of …
- “In tech, great power seems to come with diminished responsibility — or at least diminished accountability.” http://buff.ly/1nSfkqA
- The Majority Of Today’s App Businesses Are Not Sustainable – http://buff.ly/1kV2HLp
- Kitty with pineapple, homme with fruit – http://buff.ly/1r8TW47
- “don’t turn your agile, small company into a slow, big company before its time” http://buff.ly/1nhlrta /via @triketora
- This is good. Why you can’t find a technical co-founder – http://buff.ly/1kWZXNO /via @yuelinX
- 8 Things Every Non-Technical Founder Should Know How to Do http://buff.ly/1mHHYuo /via @yuelinX
- Yep, this is why I didn’t Tinder even before the lawsuit – If Guys Acted On First Dates Like They Acted On Tinder – http://buff.ly/1AbbOla
- GREAT Famous Speech Friday – Theresa May takes the Police Federation to task http://buff.ly/1t37xy5 /by @dontgetcaught
- From the lengthy list of dealbreakers, this guy seems a prize. I bet he’s a tech bro. http://buff.ly/1rEaAeh