My week consisted of just work and the gym, but I had a wonderfully social weekend – my friend’s engagement party on a boat, brunch, and the V&A. Also managed to get in some Cate-time – gym, reading a novel, etc.
Busy exhausting, but in a good way. I feel like my project and my little team are coming together, which is cool. Presented to my VP, which was nerve wracking but went well.
Saw Unauthorised Banksy (actually two weeks ago, but forgot to include it) which was great, and A Simple Space at the Udderbelly which was fantastic – circus but with the least equipment, the performers mostly using each other. My friend and I were super inspired!
Went to the V&A for (as usual!) the clothes – Italian Fashion and Wedding Dresses exhibit that is currently on. I much preferred the Italian Fashion, there’s not a huge amount of variation in white gowns, although Gwen Stefani, and Dita Von Teese did wear really cool ones.
Sushi at Dozo, meringues at Aux Marveilleux. Brunch at The Troubador Cafe, and Bill’s (love their hummus). Dinner from Stick and Bowl, Zizzi (meh), Ping Pong, Mind-blowing chocolate from Choccywoccydoodah.
- Put up my animated sunflower.
- I Used To Make Apps
- Some Things I’m Tired Of Hearing From Men About Women in Tech
- Time Blocking
On The Internet
- Lots of power in the thing you type so many times a day – How a password changed my life. — http://buff.ly/1xsUoyb /via @meffer
- Great deck @juliaferraioli wish I could have seen your talk! – The W’s of Diversity – http://buff.ly/1oiPRsu
- This cat is amazing, and yes agree @hypatiadotca an example of persistence =”..”= http://buff.ly/Vs9qqd
- Ride like a girl — http://buff.ly/1qaGrk3 /by @nkkl
- I also <3 Behavioral Economics – What are some lifestyle changes that save money? – http://buff.ly/1j4eFXx /via @triketora
- Better find new boss who isn’t an ass IMO, but in the interim: How To Play Nicely With A Boss You Hate http://buff.ly/1qJ2ZMr /via @katemats
- And @petewarden wrote about engineers and their attitudes to front end dev – http://petewarden.com/2014/07/07/why-engineers-shouldnt-disdain-frontend-development/ …
- This makes dating seem like the worst thing in the developed world – Dating in the Digital Age – http://buff.ly/1zg99Gd /via @Rebecca_Perrin
- “dreams do not come true… It’s hard work that makes things happen. It’s hard work that creates change.” http://buff.ly/1jU1vaI
- Love this – Leadership for the introverted, uncertain, and astonished – http://buff.ly/1qJ3vdr /by @franceshocutt /via @juliepagano
- Great commencement speech, full of stories – Expect no, but fight for yes – http://buff.ly/1q5LyBX
- Really good – 8 Rare Gems from Heidi Roizen (of Howard/Heidi study!) on Building a Fulfilling Life and Career – http://buff.ly/1q9jLk2
- This is really good: Subtle -isms at Hacker School – http://buff.ly/1jieR63 /via @juliepagano
- Go @hypatiadotca! Talking about @DiversityData – Publicly Shame Companies That Won’t Tell Us How Un-Diverse They Are http://buff.ly/1zqduXv
- omg the cutest http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/6d/36/8a/6d368a1cdda63431fe5d046b91d1236a.jpg … /via @marthakelly
- This is good, on how top companies for women focus on more than just the pipeline, more than just women – http://buff.ly/1oCCRy0
- “What is shameful is not being a victim of violence… but being complicit… that victims should remain silent” http://buff.ly/1qT9zA1
- “Identifying as feminist isn’t like waving a magic wand… but it’s a start, an expression of intent” http://buff.ly/TR93UJ /v @juliepagano
- This, on neat narratives and “good” victims – Trigger Warning: breakfast http://buff.ly/1jeKxcd / via @TessaJeanMiller
- “I don’t want to hear what you’re doing about the pipeline, I want to know what you’re doing about the patriarchy.” http://buff.ly/1qYNn7N
- Oh so cute, i love hedgehogs (he is fine!) – Hedgehog Anesthesia – http://buff.ly/1k6xmFe /via @jyhsu
- @nkjemisin: An open letter to privileged people who play devil’s advocate http://feministing.com/2014/05/30/an-open-letter-to-privileged-people-who-play-devils-advocate/ …
- So much adorable here – http://buff.ly/1zsmuLV /via @jenny_blake
- IDK what I think about this video, but it’s catchy – Nice Guys – http://buff.ly/VQxwLh
- This might be the best cat video I’ve ever seen… it’s like they are dancing… http://buff.ly/1tvq5bt via @TessaJeanMiller
- Good list – But WHAT CAN BE DONE: Dos and Don’ts To Combat Online Sexism | Leigh Alexander http://buff.ly/1qmZacd /via @mrtazz
- Interesting – Expectations vs. Reality: 8 Lessons From The First Year As CEO http://buff.ly/1zrfRJI /via @SamBehnam