Got back from the US, met up with people on Saturday and generally just chilled out. Got a lot of writing done, which is nice, and made some progress through the first round of feedback for the AOSA book chapter.
Pretty boring! Went to Granger & Co for brunch (always amazing), and hot chocolate and cake at Lola and Simon (tasty).
Finally finished 4 Hour Body, and also A Short Guide To A Happy Life, now reading Gravitas.
Finished The Tea Chest (some bizarre and unbelievable plot devices), and read Me Before You which was one of the most moving books I’ve read, I actually had trouble sleeping afterwards because it was so vivid, and Beauty, similar to her other books, but good escapism.
Catching up on Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother, this last season of HIMYM has been a big disjointed, but I’m getting more into it.
Product links Amazon.
- Returning To The Stage…. Part 2: Speaking to Dudes About Love
- Your Guide To Undermining Women Whilst Being “Nice”
- On Appreciation
Shared my friend’s #yesallwomen story anonymously on Medium.
On The Internet
- @paisleyrae: A possum broke into an Australian bakery and ate so many pastries it couldn’t move. http://imgur.com/PJsRg
- “It’s easier to say that not all men think like Elliot Rodger… stops you having to worry about structural misogyny” http://buff.ly/1oxXpZT
- Amazing “Famous Speech Friday: Jill Abramson’s “to anyone who’s been dumped”” http://buff.ly/1kwgrz4 /by @dontgetcaught
- @rahrahtempleton: Couldn’t fit this into a tweet, and didn’t know if I should tweet it at all. #YesAllWomenhttps://medium.com/p/3986995f70c3
- Ignore the Upworthy style title, this is genuinely very cool (dolphins!) – http://buff.ly/1jSOTF6
- Worth reading by @jennschiffer on not pitting feminists again each other, defining your own ideas – http://buff.ly/1md2AvN /via @kwugirl
- ‘No one says, “You can’t trust women,” but distrust them we do.’ http://buff.ly/1nmQNxC
- I am terrified of dolphins now, thanks @kwugirl! http://deepseanews.com/2013/02/10-reasons-why-dolphins-are-aholes/ …
- @anildash: Just a reminder: If your website (or app) is full of assholes, it’s your fault. http://dashes.com/anil/2011/07/if-your-websites-full-of-assholes-its-your-fault.html …
- Amazing deck on digital commerce in emerging markets – all mobile, all social – http://buff.ly/1oy1Tj7 /via @wseblen
- “Sometimes the simplest question of all, “Should we even do this?” falls by the wayside…” http://buff.ly/1oy26Tt
- @handee: Today’s @bcs influential woman in tech is… me! http://www.bcs.org/content/ConWebDoc/52534 … with 5 tips for the men, and 5 for the laydeez. #womeninit#bcswomen
- I like this on @popforms, How to say thank you at work: a workplace gratitude guide – http://buff.ly/1oy3Rjq /via @katemats
- Scary amazing woman – “It’s like being a whore whose trick wants fantasy role-playing. I did it all.” http://buff.ly/1pqctbE /via @wynlim
- My obsession with raccoons and cats continues, thanks to @PatrickHerdhttp://buff.ly/1pqcWuk
- So my employer shared their diversity data, 17% of women in tech roles – http://www.google.com/diversity/at-google.html#tab=tech …
- Interesting – 5 Ways to Ask the Perfect Question – http://buff.ly/1nq08Vm /via @dontgetcaught
- Your Princess Is in Another Castle: Misogyny, Entitlement, and Nerds – http://buff.ly/1oy5SyH /via @triketora
- <3 Reconciliation is a part of the healing process… how can there be healing when wounds are still being inflicted? http://buff.ly/1jUXqaG
- .@elainewherry answers Management: What are common mistakes that new or inexperienced managers make? http://buff.ly/1lNokwJ /via @triketora
- “Sometimes, I wonder if companies actually understand the emotional payload attached to their products.” http://buff.ly/1oBa1PS /by @om
- If you’ve ever wondered why arrays indices start at zero. And the methodology for discovering – I love it. http://buff.ly/1ns4NsD
- <3 <3 <3 Otter Chaos http://buff.ly/1nB6hAM /via @PatrickHerd
- I like this cat. http://buff.ly/1jvjt1S /via @oisin@kimhorne
- @felsull: Fed up with her own street harassment, an artist conceives “Stop Telling Women to Smile”: http://www.theatlantic.com/video/index/361036/stop-telling-women-not-to-smile/ … via @Lvandenberg
- Fascinating article, thanks for being so open @arikia – LadyBits’ First and Last Year on Medium – http://buff.ly/SZXOcE
- I like this, on acquisition and what that means for the community – Diary of a Corporate Sellout – http://buff.ly/1nB74li /by @waxpancake
- These images are incredible – 2 models, 7 divers in an underwater shipwreck – http://buff.ly/1oCZEh1
One reply on “This Week”
This Week – http://t.co/GIR3J6zZGe