Not much going on, I had dinner with a friend’s girlfriend, which was nice as I finally got to meet her and we had a lot in common! Also had lunch with a friend, and caught up with another on video chat but spent a lot of time in front of my computer this week, as I was submitting my code for review on this side project I’ve been working on (will reveal soon). So I was frantically dealing with that, working my way through 3 different mocking frameworks only to end up back at the first one, getting github set up etc etc.
Also, one of my talk proposals was accepted – will post when/where soon.
Made it to the gym just 3 times, so nowhere near as much as I should have, but the up side of this week being so busy and exhausting is that I think I finally made it back properly to British time… before I leave for SF and MTV next week.
I did make it out to a school to talk about working in tech, and also to the Accenture International Women’s Day event, which was amazing.
Busy busy busy. Meetings about planning, wrote up a doc, and of course – lots of coding! Ended last week feeling frustrated and like I was getting nowhere, and then Monday was really good as I finished stuff… and then ended the week feeling overwhelmed and confused again. I guess this is learning.
Had dinner at Addie’s Thai cafe, which was fab and very convenient for my apartment, desert at the Troubador Cafe (always lovely), lunch at the Japanese Canteen after this school visit (I was so hungry anything would have tasted good), and breakfast at The Muffin Man which was really nice – they have crumpets.
Product links Amazon.
ON THE INTERNET
- The coolest helicopter ever? pic.twitter.com/kesR8v6Kwz (picture by @kand)
@MavenOfMayhem: Your support has been overwhelming for our family. Can’t thank you enough 🙂 My Son Has Changed. My Love Hasn’t. http://www.themavenofmayhem.com/2014/03/my-son-has-changed-my-love-hasnt.html
- Adore these pictures of a Lego Photographer and his adventures – http://buff.ly/1mB7ZOr
- .@juliepagano‘s bad ally quiz – http://buff.ly/1dDOAGx
- This is good – Your work-life balance hangs in these four quadrants – http://buff.ly/1lniUNz /via @skamille /by @laurenbacon
- Pickup artist who has never had a relationship lasting longer than a year, is confident about marriage+kids – http://buff.ly/1lpxlRe
- Most visited website per Country, weighted by Internet. The new risk board. http://buff.ly/1lpxPqr
- On teaching communication, interesting – http://buff.ly/1hZze6D
- Right on – “If San Francisco men want more women in their city, they should hire them at their tech companies.” – http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2014/03/04/the_dating_ring_a_service_to_fly_nyc_s_single_women_to_male_dominated_san.html …
- Yep. Yep. Yep. The Responsibility of “Diversity” – http://buff.ly/1obQvqR /by @ashedryden
- Like this – Traveling While Female has drawbacks, but are they so different from at home? http://buff.ly/1lpEgd9 /by @JillFilipovic
- Interesting, on BroApp – Today’s Apps Are Turning Us Into Sociopaths – http://buff.ly/1fBLW9W
- Fascinating article on the changing role of mormon women – http://buff.ly/1hBe2Bd /via @feraldata
- This is good, on taking a step backwards to move your career forward – http://buff.ly/OTfcy2 /via @felsull
- Lots of good points in this – Good Tech Lead, Bad Tech Lead – http://buff.ly/1kTs3dI /via @katemats
- As a mobile dev, I think a lot about designing for distraction – from the other side, so do the TV networks – http://buff.ly/1eVlkPR
- I am super excited for this workshop with @dontgetcaught in Oxford next month! http://buff.ly/1oq2ocF
- This man is a hero. http://buff.ly/OWC2EZ /via @ErinLouise
- I’m quoted in guardian saying I spend my day surrounded by dudes, wonder if my team will think this is a complement? http://buff.ly/PbIsQJ