Spent the week in New Orleans hanging out with a friend, which has been great. We’ve had a pretty chill time, done some exploring, and it’s been awesome to spend more time with her. Also, I got a haircut.
Last week before things change dramatically. Working on finishing things up – finally made some progress on Show and Hide app store copy!!
Product links Amazon.
- Advice, Mentors, and Questionably Helpful Emails
- Further Adventures in Android Development
- A Process for Writing an Abstract
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On The Internet
- The tech diversity blind spot – http://eev.ee/blog/2015/11/06/the-tech-diversity-blind-spot … /by
- “Those senior women could exist. They left. You drove them out.” http://buff.ly/20WmoK9
- This is so great by
@moishel, on the challenges of being remote – http://buff.ly/1MQYqWe
- Petuniaaaaaa I love you
- The Sin in Singleton – http://buff.ly/1QGA0ER /by
@sandofsky /via @NatashaTheRobot
I love Shonda Rhimes – “Work will happen 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year, if you let it.” – http://buff.ly/1S0ZOKq
@ShowAndHide: Darling harbour #showandhide
- One of these things is not like the others.
- “My life had the story line they imposed: successful woman in tech, writing code and kicking ass! Girl power, YAY!” http://buff.ly/1HSwDsk
- “White ciswomen are not the only group in technology that need help, or exposure.” http://buff.ly/1QscpbM /by
- Well this is exceptionally depressing – Are Successful CEOs Just Lucky? http://buff.ly/1MTm8kI /via
- Is this the greatest thing on twitter? Hats on owls – http://buff.ly/1lI9pLG /via
@lanyardigan: Please. My wife. She’s very sick.
- Love this. 15 Famous Men on Whether or Not They’re Feminists http://buff.ly/211B4rj
- This article about westboro baptist church was horrifying, enlightening… and finally heart-warming – http://buff.ly/1Nb4JKB
- Worth reading – Acknowledging Privilege – http://buff.ly/1QuaHGR /by
@SarahCAndersen: Females are the shepards of self esteem
@sundress: That’s certainly miscellaneous enough.
- This is great – concrete actions, metrics, success – How to Be a Male Ally for Women in Technology http://buff.ly/1O2gEcD /via
- Five Things Old Programmers Should Remember — http://buff.ly/1NbMJj8 /via
- Really excited my friend
@NatashaTheRobot is organising @tryswiftconf 🙂 see you there!
- “Selectively caring” http://buff.ly/1Xa93ZQ /by
@felixdv: @catehstn Owls. It’s like they’re continuously on drugs and shocked by whatever they see http://tonibologna.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/owls-711×460.jpg … @sundress
- “After I took this I realized there was a woman crying in the stall next to me.” http://buff.ly/1S8stwZ
- This thread is amazing. So full of empathy and unexpected joy. Also: educational.
- Love this by
@ellenchisa – Hearts, Stars, Thumbsup, Fav, Like, and Love – Reactions on the Internet – http://buff.ly/1NIO7nW
- The Principled Programmer – http://buff.ly/1N3f2yw /by
- “Managing teams is a series of complex, black boxes interacting with other complex, black boxes.” http://buff.ly/1NdU7Vc /by
@hippy_jon: Quite possibly the best squirrel feeder you’ll see this afternoon.
- This is what happened to the $70K profit from cards against humanity $5 Black Friday no item sale. http://cardsagainsthumanity.com/blackfriday/
- “The number of things you could do is infinite; your time is finite.” http://buff.ly/1N3fxsi /by
- Thinking what amazing pictures I could make with
@showandhide visiting these places – 10 Unexpectedly Colorful Sites http://buff.ly/1lbgdRJ