Left Bucharest, feeling like I still have stuff to see though which is cool because it looks like I’ll be back in July. Really liked my first AirBnB experience, so may there be many more! Had <24 hours in the UK (just enough time to trade my broken jawbone for a new one) and set off for Dubai for the weekend (miles run to ensure I make status in 2015). I’m mostly taking a break in Dubai and enjoying the sunshine! Was a bit random, only decided to go at the start of the week. But – my favourite iced tea shop! Skiing! Sunshine! Wish I had more time though, I feel a bit rushed – I have to get back to catch a flight to Berlin on Wednesday.
Finally heard back on things I was waiting on for January. I didn’t get into something which makes the wait more annoying! But I think it’s for the best – I have a lot of other stuff to do. So the plan is to be based in Berlin January – March. Exciting!
Got the major optimisation I needed done (yay!), and was going through the app store submission process (which you now need for test flight) and ran into some missing images, but UX designer sent them over so once I’ve stopped flitting around hopefully we will be good to go!
Experimenting with analytics – we’re using Flurry. It’s cool being able to look at what is out there rather than going with the Company Thing. I need to look at i18n, which will also be interesting as an independent, and check the accessibility of the app.
Finally sorting out stuff like: website, registering twitter handle, etc etc. Basically being a PM which is way more time consuming than I thought!
- Things I Love About Travelling Alone
- In Defence of Static
- Notes: Dame Wendy Hall at WomENcourge – How to Enjoy a Career as a Woman in Computing – The Power of Networks
A new edition of Technically Speaking is out.
On The Internet
- Interesting, a magic formula to improve performance? Gender balance on teams – http://buff.ly/1pYTY2O /via
- “How I learned I was pro-choice” – http://buff.ly/1FXmJAQ /via
- Love this from
@dontgetcaught: . @andreaskluth on the best thing an introvert can do 15 minutes before a talk http://buff.ly/1FSZLJ4
- Really like
@SuePGardner‘s article on Why women are leaving the tech industry in droves – http://buff.ly/1u8EXH7
- Yep. Why It’s Not Okay To Disenfranchise Women In A Technology Keynote http://buff.ly/12Gari9 /by
- This is fantastic – Diversity for Sale – http://buff.ly/1AVI2jh
- THIS “we have to walk around the workplace all day on eggshells, treating them like soft kittens” profile of
- “Programming is the surest way I know to feel brilliant one second and idiotic the next.” http://buff.ly/1u0wO7D /by
- On ayn rand and “disruption” in the valley – http://buff.ly/1z6A7jO
- Interesting – How To Build a $120K per Month Ecommerce Brand in Less Than A Year — http://buff.ly/1w0fMvH
- I am filled with rage this evening. https://twitter.com/catehstn/status/542671119376220160 …
- Inspiring woman! Justine Bateman On Pulling Off A Major Midlife Career Pivot – http://buff.ly/1z7wj1M
- Big fan of Dan Ariely – How To Be Efficient: Dan Ariely’s 6 New Secrets To Managing Your Time – http://buff.ly/1A3Wdle /via
- Interesting article on why larger companies are creating their own programming languages – http://buff.ly/1u7AyV1 /via
- Love this by
@skamille – The Best Decision I Made in 2014 – http://buff.ly/1w1x4aF
- Deep Habits: Never Plan to “Get Some Work Done” – http://buff.ly/1qe71gZ
- Practical tips and examples on getting more women to speak – http://buff.ly/1GaNccf /by
- “Confidence is just a tool that allows you to accomplish other things. It’s a waystation, not a destination.” – http://buff.ly/12o2u0m
- Love is not enough – http://buff.ly/1B6d7RB /via
- This is helpful! “How to Ensure You Get Paid as a Freelancer” http://buff.ly/168kGNG /via
- If you are looking for an accessible version of the male allies bingo card there is a pdf at http://maleallies.com
- Must read – What Happened After I Tweeted “White Men Have It So Hard.” http://buff.ly/16dGZla /by
- “that’s what Twitter wants to do, wants to be: a place for selling shit and threatening women.” http://buff.ly/1qDrUCg /via
- Owl! https://twitter.com/lindseybieda/status/544002924133642240 …