Hung out with friends, went to a startups meetup (interesting). Spent an afternoon teaching kids Python with Stemettes. Quality time in the gym – keeping things low key this week. By Sunday though I was totally zonked!
Speakers are up for iOSDevUK.
Demanding. Exhausting. But looked back at what I’ve achieved this quarter and even if there are fewer lines of code than I would have liked, I do think it’s been productive. Ended up working Saturday to catch up after spending much of Friday at the workshop, but it was nice to just have some peace and quiet to get some code written.
Last couple of episodes of Covert Affairs – oh, the drama! Looking forward to Season 5. Now watching Suburgatory (light relief). Still (still!) reading Gravitas, novel-wise re-read Flora’s Lot and Fast Friends (not one of her better books).
Went to the Museum of London, reminded myself that I much prefer art.
Product links Amazon.
On The Internet
- The pioneering woman the world forgot – http://buff.ly/1sb7gK4 /via @ErinLouise
- If you look at what drives the deterioration of many relationships, it’s often a breakdown of kindness http://buff.ly/SGQi5A /via @felsull
- Love startups focused on women – Lingerie Startup Uses Big Data to Engineer the World’s Best Bra – http://buff.ly/1xW8Yzi /via @triketora
- @Spacekatgal: Drastic drop in women getting CS degrees since 80s. Women tend to leave tech after a few years. Death by 1000 cuts. [pic]
- @JointDestroyer: I am a feminist with daddy issues: I was raised to expect more from men https://medium.com/@j_zimms/i-am-a-feminist-with-daddy-issues-e8a32687efae … via @gatorkater
- Hey – @Stemettes are crowdfunding to put on an event for girls to learn to code! Please chip in – https://www.justgiving.com/yimby/stemettes#/ …
- Really good – Avoiding the Unintended Consequences of Casual Feedback – http://buff.ly/1pUXl76 /via @katemats
- New word – matrimania – If You Feel Bad About Being Single, It’s Not Because You’re Single http://buff.ly/STZnsl
- Fascinating article on how much work goes into being a size 0, and the effect on romantic relationships – http://buff.ly/1hWyK1G
- @dontgetcaught: Reframing your relationship with your “unfaithful” audience http://goo.gl/fb/3cEwM with @tomfishburne@jayrosen_nyu@catehstn@FrankLuntz
- Amazing! Art History: Women Ignoring Men http://buff.ly/1p1LdSj /via @CAwkward
- I fail at email, this inspires me: 8 Ways Not to Manage Your Email (and 5 and a Half Tactics that Work) http://buff.ly/SWCwMD /by @skgreen
- “we do not work for ourselves but for our users. What do they want? What do they need?” http://buff.ly/1iyIg5U /via @peterseibel
- I hate the word busy, so like this by @rands on being intentional on how we spend our time – Busy is an Addiction – http://buff.ly/T6SCDH
- Lots of great stuff here – “A culture of collaboration is better than a culture of consensus.” – http://buff.ly/1q7qZWT /via @jewelia
- @beerops: “@wynkoutloud: Stray cat sneaks into zoo enclosure, finds another cat. http://imgur.com/gallery/eRIPK ” THIS IS QUITE POSSIBLY THE BEST THING EVER
- Insight into @google‘s performance review and promotion process – http://buff.ly/1ia4dO1
- .@dontgetcaught is hosting another Eloquent Woman workshop in Amsterdam. Highly recommend it! http://buff.ly/1yhWv9k
- Best thing I’ve read on releasing diversity numbers – Tech hiring and the spectre of the “supply problem” – http://buff.ly/1jArUtJ
- This is great – taking diversity seriously, not just focusing on the pipeline – love – http://buff.ly/1iduhb6
- Nice writeup on the conference I spoke at last month – Modev UX 2014: Thinking Mobile First – http://buff.ly/TbKvph
- This is nice, much less scary than most “networking” articles – http://buff.ly/UTM24L /via @felsull
- I so hate working in an open plan office, especially when nerf guns are fired around my head http://buff.ly/Um5HKg /via @peterseibel
- I’m also over the “follow your passion” advice – Don’t Do What You Love; Do What You Do – http://buff.ly/1kW34nN /via @felsull
- Yup – The Pipeline is Full of Acid – http://buff.ly/1lGblSI